Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Did you ever have ham?

Black Friday Deals at da Moon!!!

All dirt and rocks are free!!! Smiles are half off!!! Decided to celebrate Black Friday away from the crowds and head to da Moon!!! Started off on Nature's Way1 to What and then I headed to da lake to see if the Eagles were awake yet. Sure enough, they were!!! As I was rolling down to the lake, one launched out of a tree about 20 feet from me. From the lake, I took that little twisty trail(don't know the name)over to the Big Stinky Downhill over to Skinny's. I rode and hike-a-biked up to da campground and then hit up T-Rex2. I decided to give Screamer a try on my new Talon...man, that thing is fast going down there...good thing it has good brakes!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-black-friday.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-giant_wall.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-lip_tape.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-giant_lake.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-eagles.jpg  

Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    With the exception of the reflectors, pic #4 is not half bad!
    glad you were able to get out and ride.
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Watkins trail...
    ...nice:

Rid'in
    Bike
    Pic
    Story
    Duct Tape...priceless!

Did you ever have ham?

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jkad View Post
    With the exception of the reflectors, pic #4 is not half bad!
    glad you were able to get out and ride.
    The bike will be serving double duty on the street, too. With some rides in low light, so I decided to keep the reflectors

Did you ever have ham?

Merry Moon Christmas!!!

Lisa and I were in a festive holiday mood so we headed to da Moon with a bag of Christmas decorations. We felt the Christmas tree on Ledgeview needed a little updating!!! Enjoy the tree and be safe!!! See you on the trails!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-ledgeview1.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-ledgeview2.jpg  

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Good job, the tree was looking a little neglected.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Merry Moto mOOn X-mas!

Nice decor job!

wounded knee
    Great job on the tree!
    Went by it Sunday looks like some of the stars fell of, we had shooting stars at the moon.
    Have to stop next time and fix it back up.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Did you ever have ham?
    What about shooting the moon? Oh, shooting stars at da Moon...I need to slow down when I read...LOL!!! I was going to stop and pick them up, but I figured everyone was already waiting for me!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    nice job guys

mtbr member
    you and lisa did a great job on the tree ! thanks !

Did you ever have ham?

3 in a row!!!

I wasn't planning on riding today, but my bike had different ideas. It gave me a Monster and said to get my arse in gear!!! Today marked my third consecutive day of riding at da Moon!!! It was another 3.5 mile ride, although I took a different path. I started out on the paved road and peeled off onto the dirt road going by the tennis courts. I jumped onto Rock Waterfall and then up to Big Blue. I made my way past the Nature Center and down to Buddy's. From there, I went past the lake and the maintenance buildings. From there I decided on something different and turned off onto the Deacon Trail, finishing up with NW1, NW2, What, NW1 and out!!! I love da Moon!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04887.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04889.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04891.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04898.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04902.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Good stuff...
    ...keep roll'in!

Did you ever have ham?

Freaky Friday at da Moon!!!

I celebrated the end of the week with another ride at da Moon!!! It was only 3 1/2 miles, but I did much more climbing....my thighs are on fire!!! Looking forward to more pedal mashing this weekend!!! RIDE ON!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04906.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04907.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04909.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04910.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04911.jpg  

Last edited by motoman465; 11-30-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to add pics

Did you ever have ham?

Celebrating Dec at da Moon!!!

It was a beautiful day for a ride at da Moon!!! Brandon and I hit up da Moon today to celebrate the great December weather with a six mile ride!!! I had a feeling that there would be a lot of people enjoying da Moon today and I was correct...we counted 30 cars!!! Once we unloaded, we hit the trails...across the field to Thorny and then hit Rock Waterfall and up to Big Blue. From there, I introduced Brandon to Buddy's...he really liked it!!! Down to the lake to look for the Eagles...they must have been napping...LOL!!! From there, it was up the Big Stinky Uphill to the campground!!! Took the service road from the back of the campground down to the stone steps(or where they used to be)and then ducked in on 8. Ran 8 down to the service road and back out to the car. Turned out to be a 6 mile ride, only ran into three other riders on da trails!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04913.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04915.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04916.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04917.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04933.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04939.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04949.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-dsc04958.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Man dat Brandon is a BADASS rider!

Did you ever have ham?

Moto's DoubleHeader!!!

Yesterday, I decided to do a double header ride!!! I started off at da Moon!!! Rode NW1 to What, NW2 and 1 out to Deacon. I decided to test my skills on the Deacon trail. I don't know what failed me first...my skills or the Small Block 8's on the wet rocks!!! From there, I just went out past maintenance and up the paved road to the car!!! Two miles!!!

Round 2 was to check out all the work Dirtrider6 has been doing down at Nesbit Park. Pretty cool trails!!! Once again, I was able to find the limits of the stock tires on the slimy, slippy mud!!! Still had a blast and logged in another 3.5 miles!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-20121204_110834.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-20121204_110856.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-20121204_124336.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-20121204_125055.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Yes it was slippy...

...and SB8s are tough to ride in non dry conditions, not much meat for lean angle. Ardents!

Or Terraflex!
    Brraapppp...

PS... cr500 is the only guy I know that can ride SB8s on ANYTHING

Did you ever have ham?

Doin' It Moto Style!!!

Yesterday, I felt the need to re-aquaint myself with an old friend. It was time to hit up da Moon on the single speed!!! It was not a long ride because I did not want to wear myself out too badly for work...especially since I was only running on about 4 1/2 hours of sleep. I started out on NW1 and the first thing I noticed was the absence of a suspension fork...LOL!!! Hit up What to NW2 and out to Deacon. From there, I rolled down past the maintenance building and it was there I noticed something different. I was able to climb all the way from the maint dept to the top of the paved road without stopping!!! That Giant is a great trainer!!! I completed my little(about 2 1/2 miles)loop with a quick run down to Big Blue, bailed out into the field and then Thorny and out!!! I noticed a big improvement on my riding since getting the Giant!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-redlineatdamoon.jpg  

Last edited by motoman465; 12-12-2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to add pics

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    It's not the Giant, your riding lots more, just imagine if you ride the SSer that much you would be so much stronger!

Did you ever have ham?

Twelve Cubed!!!

Well, you didn't actually think I would let a historic day like 12-12-12 go by without a Moon ride, did you? Conditions were awesome with lots of free UV radiation courtesy of our sun!!! I thought the trails would be frozen and fast, but there was still plenty of slop to be found out there!!! I am working on my own calendar, so I will have a 13-13-13, 14-14-14, and so on!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-menacingmoto.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-giantondarocks.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-myride12-12-12.jpg  

mtbr member
    wow man, been a while since i been here! very happy to see you with gears! yer gonna kick my ass in spring =D

Did you ever have ham?

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferko View Post
    wow man, been a while since i been here! very happy to see you with gears! yer gonna kick my ass in spring =D
    Those gears are nice, but I am having problems getting them working properly!!! When I put some power into the pedals(i.e. slow uphills)the chain skips and I even had it change gears on me before!!! That would be cool...a mountain bike with an automatic transmission...LOL!!!

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465 View Post
    Those gears are nice, but I am having problems getting them working properly!!! When I put some power into the pedals(i.e. slow uphills)the chain skips and I even had it change gears on me before!!! That would be cool...a mountain bike with an automatic transmission...LOL!!!
    Todd, thats just the bike being new and the cable streching, take it into dave and have it adjusted, it'll be good as new.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Found the Christmas tree nice job,even stopped to rehang a few ornaments that feel off. My friend and I made the 2 hour drive to get there on Sunday only to get caught in the rain there making the trails super slick I was trying a pair of X Kings 29x2.2 and they were horrible I think I might try Lee's suggestion on the Ardents.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast