Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Did you ever have ham?

Urban Pedal Warfare

Today, I decided to do a nice town ride!!! So me and the Mono hit the rail bed in Swoyersville and headed off towards Exeter and West Pittston. It was a great ride until I got to Exeter and heard the dreaded woosh of air from my back tire. Then reality slapped me when I realized I left my tools and spare tube in my car!!! Walked about three blocks to Sickler's for a new tube. The guy was really great!!! I was about 30 cents short, but he hooked me up. Then let me borrow a pedal wrench and their shop pump!!! Got going again and turned my trusty steed towards home and off I went!!! All in all, it was a great ride...just over 8 1/2 miles and an hour and 8 minutes riding time!!!
    Last edited by motoman465; 09-12-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Forgot pics!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Urban Pedal Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465 View Post
    Today, I decided to do a nice town ride!!! So me and the Mono hit the rail bed in Swoyersville and headed off towards Exeter and West Pittston. It was a great ride until I got to Exeter and heard the dreaded woosh of air from my back tire. Then reality slapped me when I realized I left my tools and spare tube in my car!!! Walked about three blocks to Sickler's for a new tube. The guy was really great!!! I was about 30 cents short, but he hooked me up. Then let me borrow a pedal wrench and their shop pump!!! Got going again and turned my trusty steed towards home and off I went!!! All in all, it was a great ride...just over 8 1/2 miles and an hour and 8 minutes riding time!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0001.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0002.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Great!

Looks like a nice back'0'the town trails ride! Amazing how the bamboo grows back there! Too bad ya didn't make it to the secret trails they are trimmed out and have been riding them all summer!

Did you ever have ham?

Roadpirate's Welcome Back/Happy Birthday Ride

What a great time at da Moon yesterday!!! We were celebrating Roadpirate's birthday and return to da Moon after getting his unfortunate skateboarding accident!!! It was Roadpirate, Dirtrider6, Buddy123 with Buddy and Barney, tuffgrl, and mini. We were joined by NEPMTBA, Justingkoolaid, and RRHines for an amazing ride!!! We started off from the big pavilion down by the lake up past the maintenance buildings to Deacon. We all started up the service road, but I ended up riding that hill three times because Barney decided he wan't ready to join the ride yet...LOL!!! We then hit Ledgeview, 8, Edge, T-Rex 2. Roadpirate and I opted out of doing Screamer. Off to the pavilion for some great company and some good eats!!! Just wanted to thank everyone for helping make Brandon's return such a special one. Thank you!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0001.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0004.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0009.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0016.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0019.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0021.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0022.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0028.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0040.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

What do you do after a hard day's ride?

You break out the fishing rod and hat and take all the fish from the lake!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0045.jpg  

mtbr member
    great pics . i will post some soon . it was a great ride with great friends !

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Elmer said "Moto is taking all the fish outta da lake" Waaaaaaa!...LOL

Did you ever have ham?

New Toy!!!

Lisa and I got new phones the other day!!! We had Straight Talk phones and they worked great, but I lost coverage from outside of Luzerne all the way up to da Moon!!! Went to Verizon and got Samsung Galaxy Stellars. Download an app called Move! Bike Computer...Love It!!! You can map your ride and download it to Google earth!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-myride9-19-12.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yep and anywhere you go the "Man" is watching you... too

Did you ever have ham?

Beautiful day for a Moon landing!!!

Today Lisa, Brandon, and I decided to enjoy the beautiful weather at da Moon!!! Lisa and Brandon decided to head out on Nature's Way1 while I was getting ready for the ride!!! Good thing I hung behind because another rider needed my assistance in the form of borrowing my cell phone because he locked his keys in his car. Once everything was squared away, I set out on my journey to join Brandon at the lake. I rode down the paved road and ducked in on Peek-a-Boo and down to the lake. I decided to introduce Brandon to Skinny's, from there we ducked onto 8 rode that down the cut-out on the first section. We ended our ride by enjoying Ledgeview and the service road down by Maintenance and out the road!!! It was a great ride with no injuries other than being sore when we got home!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Good stuff!

Keep them pedals turning...

Did you ever have ham?

RoadPirate and Moto's Urban Assault!!!

Today, Brandon and I decided to get out and do a little urban assault ride...just to get the juices flowing...great day for a ride with a great kid!!!

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0002.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-sany0003.jpg  

Last edited by motoman465; 10-08-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Forgot to add pics

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    That tank looks like it's still on 26 wheels...
    ...needs an upgrade to 29er wheels!...LOL

Did you ever have ham?
    The tires are made by Firestone...hope they don't blow out!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Beautiful day at da Moon!!!

Yesterday was far too beautiful of a day to not be at da Moon!!! Since I had not really been doing any serious riding for a few weeks, I decided to take an easier route!!! I started out on Nature's Way1 to What. From the end of what I jumped out on the service road and up towards Nature's Way1. I then jumped on the paved road and headed up past the tennis courts to Big Blue!!! As I approached the Nature Center I felt an odd sensation on the trail...rear tire was losing air!!! Not a problem....I had my tire tools, a tube, and a pump with me! Now for the problem...I forget my wrench for the rear axle bolts back in the car...well, I guess it was a nice day for a walk, too...LOL!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-damoon-3-.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-damoon-4-.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-damoon-6-.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-damoon-5-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great pics...I feel ya about the flat too, I got my first on my new bike Sunday at the Moon too, must be thumbtacks out there

Did you ever have ham?

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!

I was so excited and in such a hurry to get to da Moon today, I forgot the six P's....Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!! I forgot my drinks and some of my tools!!! Ooops!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Damn!!!

Brandon and I were out tooling around town on our bikes yesterday when I ran over a big rock under the leaves...the impact caused such pain in my right foot I had no choice but to see the doctor today. He said I have plantar fascitis! I am on some powerful anti-inflammatories and I am supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible! I hope this gets better soon!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    If the leaves were blown of and you could have seen the rock!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465 View Post
    ... plantar fascitis ...
    dang.

you need better foot-gear too, that can help prevent plantar-f.

;^(

Did you ever have ham?
    I am going to check into that Bear, thanks!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Life on da Moon!!!

Brandon and I hit up da Moon on Monday for a Veteran's Day ride!!! The weather was absolutely amazing and it was so great to ride da Moon again!!! This morning, I once again hit up da Moon and had a great ride, despite still nursing a tender foot!!!

MoonMovie2.mp4 video by bigdaddy6990 | Photobucket
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-mono.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by motoman465; 11-14-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Video link not working

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Happy V day...

...and thanks my friend, looks like ya had a blast!

Did you ever have ham?

It's That Time!!!

I got out for a shakedown ride on my new Giant Talon yesterday...thanks to Dave at Valley Cycles for such a great deal!!! I felt like I was flying, well, at least while I was able to breathe decently...I have not been riding and exercising like I should be!!!

Guess what time it is!!! If you guessed sweatpants, duct tape, and hiking boots time...you are absolutely CORRECT!!! Enjoy the ensuing pictures of the madness about to ensue!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-moto_moon.jpg  

The Continuing Adventures of Moto!!!-moto_giant.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Todd, I'm so glad you have a reason to ride again!! New bikes always bring out the best in us! Lol...
    "yea that's right, I stand up to shift"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast