mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Construction work done at prompton

After I don`t know how long they are done with the dam & spillway project at prompton Not that the trails were ever closed ,but it did seem to stop some from riding here I often wonder why more people don`t ride here I think the trails are as good as any of the other trails around.Not that the other trails are bad,they are not .But when I go other places to ride there is always other riders.When I ride Prompton (3- 4)times a week I almost never see another rider .Anyway me & my buddy have most all the trails trimed back & the trails are in great shape hope to see ya on the trails

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Thanks for the heads up, but damn...

...I was hoping the construction would go on forever...

...I never had a problem, I just ride around it. I have tried to get riders from my area to go ride there, no interest, it would be a help if there was a local ride group that rode Prompton and posted pics as we do at mOOn! It took time to develop da mOOn, but now it runs itself if that's at all prossible... LOL

Prompton is a great place, and thanks to you and yours for all the work. At least you can count on this "Old Lackawanna Bike Club" guy to hit Prompton and post pics!

mtbr member
    Friends of Prompton sent me this via Facebook.

Friends of Prompton State Park

The Main Parking Lot is Open!! Please submit some pictures. The disc golf course is going to get some serious work done it very soon, we have an equipment budget for the park, and the easement on the North End of the park should be purchased by the state soon! Great news and enjoy!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, but damn...

...I was hoping the construction would go on forever...

...I never had a problem, I just ride around it. I have tried to get riders from my area to go ride there, no interest, it would be a help if there was a local ride group that rode Prompton and posted pics as we do at mOOn! It took time to develop da mOOn, but now it runs itself if that's at all prossible... LOL

Prompton is a great place, and thanks to you and yours for all the work. At least you can count on this "Old Lackawanna Bike Club" guy to hit Prompton and post pics!
    Thats the problem I`am the local riding group I really don`t think anyone around honesdale rides MT bikes ( on trails,roads don`t count & ride on a regular basis ) When I do see someone its always someone from out of the area,that being not from Honesdale. Your probably right about some pics,because I bet alot of people probably don`t know how good these trails are & how much is here ( about 29 miles if ya know everything ) The thing is I`am not really into the whole pic thing I just ride & have fun Well I hope with things being open up now we will get more up here on the trails & maybe a little help maintaing the trails

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    KP

If you advertise it they will come, problem is not many of my friends have any idea of what, where, or how at Prompton unless myself or someone else shows them. Most riders are not comfortable exploring new areas by themselves.

Why not throw up a ride day sometime, I know you'll have to deal with different types of riders, but from the riders who show up you might get a few who will show interest and maybe work or revisit.

I would spread it through our group and attend, I'm open this weekend of July 21st/22nd... or?

Just a suggestion.

KP, thanks for the update and for all your trail maintenance there. I ride Prompton 2-3 times a year when I'm visiting the in-laws who live nearby. Otherwise it's just too far to drive to, which sucks, because I love the trail system. It's one of my favorite places to ride, I could care less if no one else wants to ride there. I don't like people anyways.

Wizard of the Trail
    Gonna hit it up this weekend on my fattie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    just curious,...how far is da mOOn from Prompton?I plan on getting up there before the summer is over.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Looks to be about 60 miles, all highway except for RT 29
    Google Maps

Ride da mOOn... LOL

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    KP

If you advertise it they will come, problem is not many of my friends have any idea of what, where, or how at Prompton unless myself or someone else shows them. Most riders are not comfortable exploring new areas by themselves.

Why not throw up a ride day sometime, I know you'll have to deal with different types of riders, but from the riders who show up you might get a few who will show interest and maybe work or revisit.

I would spread it through our group and attend, I'm open this weekend of July 21st/22nd... or?

Just a suggestion.
    i would be up for riding prompton some time

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Funny, I grew up less than 3 miles away but never rode there until 2 years ago. Now I love it. I hit it up every holiday and 3-4 additional times. It is a great loop. Did it on the jump bike a couple of weeks back. I must say KP you do a fantastic job of maintaining it! It is a great loop. I have strangely taken a liking to the the wet slippery trails by the model airfield. great flow in that section.
    There is a new bike shop in honesdale. You may try posting some thing with them. I am always surprised with the amount of land in wayne county and the lack of trails. Prompton owns it.

mtbr member
    i would be up for a ride sometime . but not open this weekend !

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    i would be okay to go next weekend

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Great job on keeping those massive sticker bushes off the edges of the trails. Was up there one week ago and the week before that. Its not unusual for my legs to get scratched up, especially coming down the sidewinder trail. You should put up a donation link on your profile.

Prompton has to be some of the best single track in PA easily, so I don't know why its not more popular. But I am not complaining about the lack of crowds on the trails...

Noticed they opened the main parking area last week, which is a good thing since the week before that the boat ramp parking area was overfilled and I had to park at the bottom of the spillway.

Is someone making a new trail off of North trail (or one of the other far eastern trails)? Keep taking a wrong turn onto a trail that's not on the map.