siv
    mtbr member

Conditions at Gretna or Swatara?

Anyone ride today(Saturday)?

mtbr member
    No

Sunday Pumping Station ready to ride 7:30

sambabiker.com
    Once the temperature rises both places will be sloppy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by barnold74
    Once the temperature rises both places will be sloppy.

Yea,

We rode up Dog $hit on the SGL, and the water was running down the trail !

siv
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LititzDude
    Yea,

We rode up Dog $hit on the SGL, and the water was running down the trail !
    At 7am? Holy Dog Sh$t!

mtbr member
    I live near RT 30 in Lancaster..what would be the fastest way to get to Gretna? I actually don't even know where it is or where any other trails are around here. I look on here and I only see two that are marked down as being in Lancaster. I just moved here a few weeks ago. Can someone help me out?
    cas im diggin a ditch where madness gives a bit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by antgrave
    I live near RT 30 in Lancaster..what would be the fastest way to get to Gretna? I actually don't even know where it is or where any other trails are around here. I look on here and I only see two that are marked down as being in Lancaster. I just moved here a few weeks ago. Can someone help me out?

Yup,

This is the bike club site. It has a good trail guide.

http://www.sambabiker.com/index.htm

Matt

smartass
    Quote Originally Posted by antgrave
    Not to steer you away from Gretna, but Rock Ridge County Park in York may be faster to access. I live near rt. 30 (right outside Lancaster City) and it's a lot faster for me to get to Rocky Ridge than to Gretna or Camp Mack.

Just a suggestion.

mtbr member
    you must live really close. how often do you go there?
    cas im diggin a ditch where madness gives a bit.

smartass
    I live one block from F&M.

I haven't been to RR for a few months, but in the summer/fall I may go a few times a month. (I only ride twice a week at most in the summer, but chances are one of those rides will be at RR). I ride with the YAMBA group during the week when I can, and they run weekly rides from there quite a bit in the summer.

York Co. Parks closes the trails to bikes when it's too wet, so I usually don't bother trying to ride there when it's wet like it is now.

Like I said before, nothing against Gretna or Camp Mack, hell that's where I learned to ride, but RR is just so much more convenient for me, and has really nice trails as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Just an FYI, I rode at Rocky Ridge on saturday and the ridge line trails were in decent shape. I didn't even head down the lower trails knowing that they would be swamped. RR is still open as of tonight, while all other York Co. Parks trails are still closed. You can always call 717-840-7440, which is the York Co. Parks hotline number, to get information on trail status.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

aries on a gemini
    Feb 2008
    Anybody going out to Gretna this weekend? Was planning on Saturday but the weather doesn't look nice. Got a new bike and need to shred.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Swatara is in pretty good condition, some soft spots but no real mud. There were a few trees down from the last wind storm but the SAMBA crew made quick work of it and all is clear. However the least bit of rain will make the trails pretty wet as the ground is just coming out of the thaw and we had lots of rain. Just give it a day or two to dry out after a rain this time of year.

Oh yeah our weekly Tuesday night rides are once again underway. We meet at the end of State Park Lane ready to ride at 6pm.

Enjoy
    Mike

aries on a gemini
    Feb 2008
    I work weekday evenings.. (
    Well it looks like rain friday night. I wish central pa would warm up already!

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac2100
    Anybody going out to Gretna this weekend? Was planning on Saturday but the weather doesn't look nice. Got a new bike and need to shred.

Myself and a few friends are most likey riding Gretna on sat. now that the weather looks like it will be clear. We'll be doing more of a freeride type ride. If you or anyone else is interested, let me know...

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Wish I could ride but I've tests and all kinds of other junk on Saturday.

Next week though, I'm down.

aries on a gemini
    Feb 2008
    Went out Saturday.. Sorry Todd didn't see your post till today. I'll be trying to go out again whenever it's nice and somewhat warm.

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    I was out today hiking.

New trail isn't bad, some muddy spots on 12 and 13. 12 is probably the worst, I'd say avoid it if you could.