mtbr member
    Aug 2004

New question here. Conditions at Blue Marsh this weekend?

Hey guys,

We've been planning on doing Blue Marsh for the first time this weekend. With all of the rain, what will the conditions be? Does it drain well, or will it be a muddy swamp?

Also, does anyone have a trail map and route recommendations that they can share? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I just rode 8 miles there this afternoon, it drys out pretty quick. There are a few muddy spots but nothing to worry about and we had a good amount of rain the last few days. The loop all the way around the lake is just short of 30 miles. There isn't any place to get water while you're there so bring plenty. I have a pdf map of the trails but I can't find it right now. If you follow the brown trail markers you should be OK they have them posted every mile.

-Doug

mtbr member
    Start at the Ski parking lot, and ride it counter clockwise. This will put the one spot that has water (boat launch bathroom) halfway around. Take plenty of water and food too. I normally take 100oz + a bottle full of Gatorade, PB&J sandwich and gel packs. Have fun.

mtbr member

We rode there Sunday...................

a group of 14 of us rode starting from visitors center and went counter clockwise, skipped the ski area loop. Did about 23.5 miles that way. Conditions were excellent! As already said a few mud puddles but its mtn biking! Advice given by others about water and food is right on here is what I packed and consumed on Sunday: every drop water in my 70 oz camelback, 2 clif shots, 7 fig newtons, and 4 handfuls of a friends homemade gorp. Pre ride I drank 16 oz of water on ride to the parking lot and ate a full breakfast 2 hours earlier. Start out slow, resist the temptation to hammer early, if you do start to fast you will be sorry later. It is a long up and down ride, not v very technical but it saps your energy. A PA must do!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........