mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Conditions at Blue Marsh?

I am heading out to Moab in May and I always found Blue Marsh to be a great, great place to train/ride (I am traveling pretty far from NJ) and I am wondering when the trail will be recovered from the Winter. Is it good to go now? Week or two?

Thanks!
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    After the rains this week its likely to be a bit mushy- Mike, any word?

mtbr member
    Conditions were good on Saturday...some rain since though. West and side drains better than east side. Often soft from state hill to stilling basin also.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I remember a MASS race I did there in April and it was mushy so I wanted to check I am hoping to get out there a couple of times in late April early to mid May and it sounds like it should be good to go- barring any heavy rain storms. What is a good time frame to let the place drain after a good soaking- 2-3 days?
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Windwalker was there recently and posted this report: Blue Marsh Enduro: May 10, 2008

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Ski slope loop is once again open and clear. Thanks to Bank of Dad for helping out. There are some other trees on the lower loop, we'll try and get them soon too. Enjoy.
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Unless it's 95 deg., sunny, and breezy, Blue Marsh has a tough time drying out. Extended dry periods and winter deep freezes are the only times to avoid mud.

mtbr member
    Big thanks to Windwalker and BankofDad for volunteering time.

Dan

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Is there an accurate map of the trails available? Years ago I got one by mail from the Corp of Engineeers I think, that had mile markers, etc on it.
    Anything like that still available online?

mtbr member

Looky here...

Blue Marsh: detailed trail map

and if you are interested: Blue Marsh Enduro: May 10, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by GT_guy
    Is there an accurate map of the trails available? Years ago I got one by mail from the Corp of Engineeers I think, that had mile markers, etc on it.
    Anything like that still available online?

Fossil

Map

When their site is backup, you can get the map with mile markers on it here: http://www.nap.usace.army.mil/sb/bmtrails2.gif
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

How about Sunday, 4/6/08?

In Lancaster, we haven't gotten as much rain as predicted (as of Friday night, anyway). Any reports on trail conditions Saturday afternoon or a rain report would be much appreciated. I'd like to get there Sunday morning for a 30 mile loop. I love BM for building endurance. It's nice to just point the bike and take a good, long ride without thinking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    We didn't get that much rain yesterday, judging by the conditions on Thursday, you will probably encounter a few soft/wet spots on Sunday, but would guess most of the trail will be good to very good.

Shouldn't you be racing the Relay on Sunday? That's about the opposite of endurance, lol.
    Mike