Thread: Clif Bars

Did you ever have ham?

Clif Bars

As some of you know, I am addicted to Clif Bars now. I am hypo-glycemic so sometimes in the middle of a ride my blood sugar would start to drop. The Clif Bars really do the trick to pep me up again. I was at Wal-Mart in Wilkes Barre today and they have a pretty good selection in the pharmacy section. They are only $1.08 there and they have a limited selection available in a 6 pack box for $5.97. I can't wait to try the White Chocolate Macedamia....sounds YUMMY!!!!

Did you ever have ham?

Clif Bars

Huckin' Kitty depends on Clif Bars to provide plenty of long-lasting energy to fuel his "big ups" when he is competing in trials against the "Big Boys" and with plenty of tasty flavors, Huckin' Kitty doesn't have to settle for just Meow Mix!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Did you ever have ham?
    I couldn't resist! I just finished the White Chocolate Macadamia Clif Bar....pretty darn tasty! I am going to get more tomorrow and hopefully they will last until I need them out on the trail! Keep your fingers crossed! LOL!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    I couldn't resist! I just finished the White Chocolate Macadamia Clif Bar....pretty darn tasty! I am going to get more tomorrow and hopefully they will last until I need them out on the trail! Keep your fingers crossed! LOL!
    Wegman's has them for a buck!

ride more
    Mar 2007
    you gotta watch how many of those things you eat....

mtbr member
    Just noticed this as I finally had a chance to sit down and catch up a bit.

Speaking of Cliff Bars, I don't know if you tried this but it seems to work wonders for me. Not a Cliff Bar, but one of the multitude of Power Bars out there..the PowerBar with Peanut Butter...just peanut butter, not mixed with chocolate or anything else.

For some reason mix that with, of all things, grape Gatorade and it's like an instant, long term high (at least 20 miles or so's worth...road bike) I can literally be dragging tounge on ground and head hanging over the bars and for some reason this concoction changes that in a few minutes.

It only works on this set up, nothing else, at least for me. Strange, but it's saved me a couple of times from bonking out. Gonna have to try out the CB's..never had one.

mtbr member
    May 2004

clifs are good

but i have moved to Lara bars...more organic/raw/vegetarian...

Did you ever have ham?

Clif Bars

I will have to keep an eye out for those and give them a try!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Plains Bike
    Just noticed this as I finally had a chance to sit down and catch up a bit.

Speaking of Cliff Bars, I don't know if you tried this but it seems to work wonders for me. Not a Cliff Bar, but one of the multitude of Power Bars out there..the PowerBar with Peanut Butter...just peanut butter, not mixed with chocolate or anything else.

For some reason mix that with, of all things, grape Gatorade and it's like an instant, long term high (at least 20 miles or so's worth...road bike) I can literally be dragging tounge on ground and head hanging over the bars and for some reason this concoction changes that in a few minutes.

It only works on this set up, nothing else, at least for me. Strange, but it's saved me a couple of times from bonking out. Gonna have to try out the CB's..never had one.
    The thread is titled "Clif bars"
    and this is a "Mt bike" forum

LMAO...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    but i have moved to Lara bars...more organic/raw/vegetarian...
    I like the lara bars also.Nice,natural and i guess i would say clean tasting.Clif bars aren't to bad from an additive point either.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I highly recommend making your own. Way cheaper and you can make them they way you like.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino
    I highly recommend making your own. Way cheaper and you can make them they way you like.
    This is very true... Most of the Lara bars are only dates (soaked) and nuts with spices. Raisins, raw choc powder, raw coconut, etc.

Did you ever have ham?
    Hmmmm, I never thought of that. Maybe it is time to get in the kitchen and play Mad Scientist! LOL!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    moto, if you start searching the intertubes you can find various recipes, as starting places.

Did you ever have ham?
    choco chips, choco covered almonds, choco covered cashews, crunch honey roasted peanut butter...all held together with lard! There is an energy bar!

mtbr member
    Yeah...right, eat about two of them and pedal up a hill, fast!! A very STEEP hill! LOL...love the lard part!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    choco chips, choco covered almonds, choco covered cashews, crunch honey roasted peanut butter...all held together with lard! There is an energy bar!
    Courtesy of Clif (Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch):
    Ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, ClifPro® (Soy Rice Crisp [Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Barley Malt Extract, Calcium Carbonate], Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour), Organic Rolled Oats, Dried Apricots (Apricots, Evaporated Cane Juice, Rice Flour, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid), Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, ClifCrunch® (Organic Oat Fiber, Inulin [Chicory Extract], Organic Milled Flaxseed, Organic Oat Bran, Psyllium), Organic Dried Apples, Organic Date Paste, Organic Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Salt, Colored With Annatto.

Courtesy of Lara (Chocolate Coconut Chew):
    Ingredients: Dates, almonds, walnuts, unsweetened coconut, unsweetened cocoa powder.

Which one do you think your body has an easier time converting?

And Bear is right - there are many recipes on the interwebs to get you going. Most involve soaking whole dates overnight to soften them (do this with the nuts too) and then using a dehydrator to give them some shape.

Did you ever have ham?

Clif Bars

Hey Bear, what do you think about my new recipe? Should really "stick" to your ribs! LOL!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Moto:

Leave the lard out and use paneling cement then you smooth the rocks on the uphills you rode at MMP...LOL

The seasonal flavors are back! Woo Hoo!

Blueberry Crisp...

NEW NEW NEW
    Cranberry Orange Nutbread!

NEPMTBA
    TUSSEY MOUNTAIN RAMBLE COMING SOON

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hey Bear, what do you think about my new recipe? Should really "stick" to your ribs! LOL!
    I know how bear keeps his ribs lubed...

Did you ever have ham?

Clif Bars

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    I know how bear keeps his ribs lubed...
    Yup, as all super hereos have somewhere they get their powers from...so does Bear!!!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Hmm. Exchange salt water taffy for the lard (peppermint), and add chocolate covered espresso beans.

There, perfect.

Did you ever have ham?

Clif Bars

I need more Clif Bars...need more power...must get up that hill...faster!!!

Did you ever have ham?
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Hmm. Exchange salt water taffy for the lard (peppermint), and add chocolate covered espresso beans.

There, perfect.
    Hey Bear, why do you want to replace the lard? My mother used to bake with pure lard and I don't have a weight problem!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

[SIZE="5"]LMAO[/SIZE]

"Guam... ya, I was there"
    Dave J. Sr

NEPMTBA
    WHAT?... LOL