mtbr member
    Jan 2003

Christmas Week Rides Eastern PA

Hey all;

I'll be headed home to my beloved SKOOK, for Christmas. As usual I'll have my bikes with me. I'm planning on riding just about everyday while I'm there, Dec. 23rd - Dec. 31. With of coarse, the 23rd and the 31st being out, as they will be travel days.

But a few places I'm looking to hit while I'm home.

Keystone
    American Standard (Full, if I can stay warm enough long enough)
    Mary D Standard Long Loop
    Rattling Creek
    Roaring Creek
    A ride near Reading, up to some guys I know down there

So as usual my rides are open, if you're interested, let me know. Bear, and Eddie, you know how it is!
    Climbing Builds Character

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    hey , i dint want to open up a completely new forum and thought this would be a logical place to ask the question.

I'm going to be in the area this weekend, anyone know if glen park or trexler are snowy or clear?

thanks a lot

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pdon View Post
    hey , i dint want to open up a completely new forum and thought this would be a logical place to ask the question.

I'm going to be in the area this weekend, anyone know if glen park or trexler are snowy or clear?

thanks a lot
    Not sure about down that way but everything from JT north is snow covered. It's probably a safe bet Trex is too. But still got a good 20 in today on the broad....fresh snow was awesome!

By Glen Park do you mean Rattling Creek? If so we'll be there Saturday Morning....not sure what time exactly yet.
    Last edited by vack; 12-26-2013 at 05:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thanks for the info man.

Glen Park in stroudsburg A.K.A Godfrey ridge trails. not a huge system but some great DH and freeride lines... loads of fun on a 6 inch bike. a 10 minute ride from where i stay.

By the looks of the PA forum it looks like they even had a super D race there

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdon View Post
    Glen Park in stroudsburg A.K.A Godfrey ridge trails.
    Not mine, but helpful none-the-less : Glen Park Time Trial Course by noreastn at Garmin Connect - Player

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Bear;
    You get your fatty out yet this year? Was hoping you could have made one of the rides last week. Next time

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Yeah, I was bummed but my work schedule prevented last week, next time hopefully.

My arse has been getting phatter all autumn, being mostly off the bike, but I'm starting to reel it back in now and getting some pedal turning time. Most of it has been in-doors for the last couple weeks though - between Cycle Fit at Valley Cycles and a couple trips to CRANX - where I'm getting schooled completely ... I didn't grow up in a skate park on a BMX so that style of riding is all new to me, essentially.

I can't decide if I hope the weather stays hard-cold and dry so I can bike outdoors or that we get some real snow so I can get my XC skis out. *shrug*

Travel safe ma-man.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Bear the Moonlander is doing awesome this winter with this snow we've had. Rode today and it was a blast. I'm glad I bought one this year.