Hoopy Frood

Chester County Trailwork

East Bradford Township has posted their plans and trailwork schedule for the recently approved trail system on the old Sunoco property (listed in the trails section as "Gibson Covered Bridge" trails).

You can view the details here:

http://www.eastbradford.org/speciali...onocoindex.htm

There is a schedule for trailwork and volunteers are needed. If you have some free time and wish to help, please sign up.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Trail

I live in exton and would like to help out. I have not hit up any of the designated trail work days but do rogue work. I have a difficult schedule but when I can get out to cut I do it, what are the chances of some semi technical bridges or jumps in there? I guess the jumps that were there had to go. I did not see the dates on that website. I grew up here and have not touched those trails since they were closed, I returned to the area 4 years ago and still haven't ridden them in hopes of getting them back. It is like christmas morning now that we can ride them, is it officially open. Are there plans to cut out the direct climbs that were wash out prone. I hope we get some twisty stuff in there that doesn't erode like the existing MX trails. Thanks for all your help.
    Mike Cullen
    mtjcullen@yahoo.com
    302-507-5843

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    What's up with the fences that were on the "land bridge" by the drainage pond?

Looks like the posts were all ripped out, and the cross bars all stacked on another trail....

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    you don't need volunteers to guide a tractor as it runs over trees and basicaly flatens any trail detail that used to be there. D-town R.I.P. those trails died 3 years ago, lets enjoy the memory.

mtbr member
    I got to hit the jumps one time before they were bulldozed. They destroyed a bunch of single track with the bulldozer too.
    Team _________