COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK

Central Pa, Lock Haven area riders wanted

Greetings from Central Pa.

We have starting up (or resurrected an old) bike club for group rides in the Lock Haven and surrounding areas.

It looks like we will be riding Tuesday nights and out of the area (road trip) on weekends.

The more riders the better.

There is some good riding around here and we a planning on doing some new trail work from what I hear.

Hope to hear from you.
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Lockhaven crew

Hey are you guys DH or crosscountry ?

Quote Originally Posted by jaycloud32
    Hey are you guys DH or crosscountry ?
    Mainly XC trail riding. There is some DJ and FR locations close. Check out this thread.

Duffy is the DH and FR guy.

The group at the shop just went out to Ray's around a month ago, they go to Diablo and I know they have been to the bike park in WV (Snowshoe??).

We will probably do groups to Denton this year for some DH runs.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Fantastic area!

Any news on where you will ride?

Maps? Trails?

There are great trails in Farrandsville. The motorcycle trials club(Durty Dabbers) have events there, any chance of riding there with mt bikes? There is one rocky decent that will make your spine curl. All flat rattle rocks that slide under your wheels as you try to brake. Great views from the top also. Isn't the property owned by the church group?

Hum... Queens Run road is that the road that goes a long way to the top of the mountain or am I thinking of some other name? I remember riding there a few years back. Crossed the creek and went to an old coal mine somewhere off that road. I think?

How about the Bucktail area?

You have a great area and there is lot's to ride and develop. Good luck with the Tuesday night rides. We might have to stop by for a few this summer and glad to see more areas open for rides.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Fantastic area!

Any news on where you will ride?

Maps? Trails?

There are great trails in Farrandsville. The motorcycle trials club(Durty Dabbers) have events there, any chance of riding there with mt bikes? There is one rocky decent that will make your spine curl. All flat rattle rocks that slide under your wheels as you try to brake. Great views from the top also. Isn't the property owned by the church group?

Hum... Queens Run road is that the road that goes a long way to the top of the mountain or am I thinking of some other name? I remember riding there a few years back. Crossed the creek and went to an old coal mine somewhere off that road. I think?

How about the Bucktail area?

You have a great area and there is lot's to ride and develop. Good luck with the Tuesday night rides. We might have to stop by for a few this summer and glad to see more areas open for rides.

Yes there is plenty to ride up in this area.

I'm sure that will be one of the rides, up in Farrensville/Queens run. I know we will be riding eagleton mine camp trails and talked about working on developing more in that area.

There is a great trail from Castenea to Mcalhatten thats really fun, nine stream crossings moderate climbing and a fun DH.

Not sure about Bucktail area.

I will try to keep updating when I know more.

Lockport Rippers
    Jul 2006
    *I lied*

Sproul state forest (Eagleton Camp Mine Trails) is where alot of our trail building/local rides will be happening. There is almost limitless approval for new trail building. Sproul landmanagers and forestry dept. have gone out of their way to help with getting more people into their woods. They send some of their own staff to come run some machinery if we need them too, and have actually bought the club our first batch of tools.

Spacoli is right though, we will be setting up local rides all over central PA on the weekends, and going on more elaborate excursions whenever more than one person has a free evening to ride.

Anyway, our website should be set up within the next week. Hope to have you all check it out sometime.

Duffy
    Last edited by duffster412; 02-19-2008 at 12:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Duffy,
    make one of your weekend locations laurel highlands. i'll guide if i can get the time off of work.

speaking of... give me an update on your summer plans

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    bighitdon... you still wearing womens underwear??? I don't know if I would want you leading anything in front of me...

mtbr member
    please tell steve(i hope he still owns the shop) i said hello. bought my first mtn bike there in 1990. Still have it and ride it. 90' GT backwoods!!!

ahhhh the days of riding in the mtns up there and coming back to the rugby house with a hundred people shouting at you to tap the........well now i have kids, so i can't talk about that even more.....BUT I CAN STILL TALK ABOUT THE BIKES......wait that's even something i have to keep on the down low now

joe transue