mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Central PA/ Alliegrippis

anyone ride the trails at lake raystown? My buddies and i have been there every chance we've gotten since the weathers been nice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I was there last fall. Pretty awesome for just a nice flowy smooth ride. Not very techical.

I also like the dips on the uphills...makes it feel like you're going downhill while going up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yea I enjoy it there. I'm fairly new to the mt biking world tho so I'm tryin to find new trails in the area as well as more people to ride with

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    If you go further west, I heard Blue Knob was good but have never been there myself. LHORBA (http://www.lhorba.org/Mountain.html) is a group of mountain bikers around the Johnstown area and do rides in the area. If you go even further west, you have Laurel Mountain. Very rocky and a place to hone your skills. Further west and you get all the mountain biking around Pittsburgh. PORC does organized rides at the numerous parks in the city and beyond.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    yea we're probably riding blue knob tomorrow, that's like my back yard, I snowboard there like 4 days a week in the winter.