Thread: The Cat Classic

ganginwood

The Cat Classic

I'll be honest....I'm really disappointed in this decision. The course was perfect last year and those 2 final climbs really seperated the field. Last years course might have been demanding but certainly not technical. Even my wife is disappointed with this one. Anyone know who runs this so we can "persuade" them to reconsider? On the bikereg description, they make this sound like a good thing.

LAP DESCRIPTION: This year we have constructed a SWEET 7.5 mile loop (actual miles to come soon) with technical single track, less short power climbs and a new rolling section of twisty single track. We have added three new rock wall crossings and made the course much more rideable than in previous years. The dreaded powerline climb is no longer part of the course!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

ganginwood
    i guess you never know....it could be much better than last year. i'm sure the promoters know what they're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    We'llhave to see what it does overall. I think more stone walls to ride over are tougher for many than this hill. They didn't mention anything about the Chirstmas tree field climb. I think that it much tougher than the powerline,

Bryan

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Insider Info...

Hey guys,

My girlfriend's dad (Warren Reid) ran this race the past 5 years or so and he is also mad about this. He recently was promoted to a new position and relocated to Atlanta, GA from Williamsport, hence, the changes to the course. I will let him know that people are complaining but its obviously too late for anything this year. The good thing about his new job is he actually gets to race the course this year instead of running the show, so we'll see how he handles the climbs on a bike rather than a ATV

Mark