Thread: CAT Classic

ganginwood

CAT Classic

any info on the distance from the start line to the single track? the topo shows the first 6/10 of a mile as relatively flat. climbing at the end obviously.......
    stine,,,, you might be able to help me with this. course description?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Quote Originally Posted by ganginwood
    any info on the distance from the start line to the single track? the topo shows the first 6/10 of a mile as relatively flat. climbing at the end obviously.......
    stine,,,, you might be able to help me with this. course description?
    [SIZE="3"]Kevin:

If you mean Chris Stine he's not on MTBR. You might want to call or email him. I heard you rode Frances Slocum. Any input on the trail system?
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

ganginwood
    I heard you rode Frances Slocum. Any input on the trail system?
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

well forget anonymity....i rode there once and everyone knows about it.

trails were in good shape. well maintaned and only 2 or 3 wet areas (10ft in distance). from the looks of where they were, they probably are always wet from ground water/ drainage. maybe that will change when the trees come out of dormancy and start sucking water from the soil.

i would get rid of the small trees on the trail. i really like the cribbing of the larger problems but the sinlge tree (7-10 inches high) laying accross the trail seems to serve no purpose but slow you down on faster sections of the course. i figure they were left there to practice "climbing" for beginners. however that is just personal preference and i am by no means an expert on trail layout.
    overall i applaud the effort from your crew and i'm sure my voice is not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member
    Great race and Kudos to all involved especially the Logue family. They really put on a show!
    "Be wary of the man who seldom asks questions but always has an answer!"

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by ganginwood
    I heard you rode Frances Slocum. Any input on the trail system?
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    well forget anonymity....i rode there once and everyone knows about it.

trails were in good shape. well maintaned and only 2 or 3 wet areas (10ft in distance). from the looks of where they were, they probably are always wet from ground water/ drainage. maybe that will change when the trees come out of dormancy and start sucking water from the soil.

i would get rid of the small trees on the trail. i really like the cribbing of the larger problems but the sinlge tree (7-10 inches high) laying accross the trail seems to serve no purpose but slow you down on faster sections of the course. i figure they were left there to practice "climbing" for beginners. however that is just personal preference and i am by no means an expert on trail layout.
    overall i applaud the effort from your crew and i'm sure my voice is not alone.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]ganginwood:

Good to hear from you and we value your opinion! Thanks for the response on the trails! I hope your race at Cat Classic went well. Chris and I went to H2H Number 1 at Wawayanda

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com