mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Carlisle & Boiling Springs PA Riders

Hello all,

I am new the area - just moved to Churchtown which is off of 174 between Carlisle and Boiling Springs. Looking for some riding partners willing to show me the local trails for evening rides around 5:30 - 6PM. I am getting a little tired of riding mecadam and my tires are showing it. So far - no trails - HELP!

mtbr member
    If you want to go to Michaux some time let me know and I can show you some of the trails. There is a race there May 6th.
    email me at dredevil@yahoo.com
    Jeff

mtbr member
    not sure that there are any trails too close to where you live that won't require about 30 minutes of driving. like jeff said, michaux has a huge number of trails and is very technical. there are also trails north of harrisburg at weiser state forest (google rattling creek singletrackers) that offer sweet singletrack, but that is probably 40-45 minutes away. also there are some county parks in the york area that offer quality riding. i live in mechanicsburg and am cursed to be centrally located to all of these places to ride, but have to drive 30-45 minutes to get to any of them. once the weather breaks, i generally ride michaux 2-3x/wk. i will be riding in the may 6 michaux race and am going to try to find all of the trails for 25 miler this wkend. attempted to last wk but ended up zigging when i should have zagged. looks like weather saturday will be great for a ride!
    The wheel of Ka turns and the World moves on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the info. Let me know if you ever want to do some road / railroad riding. I live in Churchtown and have a bunch of nice back roads to ride into Boiling Springs with some railroad paths to follow also to get that offroad feel.. I would not mind training for that upcoming race - where is the info on it posted?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpt
    not sure that there are any trails too close to where you live that won't require about 30 minutes of driving. like jeff said, michaux has a huge number of trails and is very technical. there are also trails north of harrisburg at weiser state forest (google rattling creek singletrackers) that offer sweet singletrack, but that is probably 40-45 minutes away. also there are some county parks in the york area that offer quality riding. i live in mechanicsburg and am cursed to be centrally located to all of these places to ride, but have to drive 30-45 minutes to get to any of them. once the weather breaks, i generally ride michaux 2-3x/wk. i will be riding in the may 6 michaux race and am going to try to find all of the trails for 25 miler this wkend. attempted to last wk but ended up zigging when i should have zagged. looks like weather saturday will be great for a ride!
    I would like to train for this race too so let me know when your going. My email is
    ch17011@yahoo.com