mtbr member

Camp/Ride Central PA

i need do to a kid transfer in a few weeks halfway between the lehigh valley and pittsburgh and planning on parlaying it into a family camping/riding trip. looking for an easily accessible place - so far considering cowans gap, bald eagle and rb winter...any suggestions?thanks
    without hops the world stops

mtbr member
    bump yo...ended up booking at cowans gap SP, any body know of any riding or ever ridden this? http://www.thealleghenies.com/bike_offroad.aspx?t=70
    I'm also checking out how far it is to blue knob

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    rb winter is good stuff, but sometimes it is a bit overgrown. and knowledgable guides can be hard to come by.

if you're thingking along those lines, i'd also mention greenwood furnace. there's tons of readily available riding there. and good camping too.

mtbr member
    thanks, i'll look into. i also broke out the ol griz giude mtb pa book, it lists a few in buchanon sate forest, anybody ever check those out or know if theyre still in existance?
    mont alto sp doesn't look that far away either...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Head east on 30 and hit up Michaux State Forest. Turn N onto 233, look for Dead Woman Hollow Rd on the left about 9 miles off of 30. Park in that area and you have Graves Ridge Trail to the east and Three Mile Trail to the west, after the climb up Dead Woman Hollow, a 1.5 mile fireroad climb. Some Pics

Three Mile Trail

Graves Ridge

mtbr member
    cool, thanks man. that exactly what i'm looking for! i saw that one in the griz guide too

mtbr member
    Mountain Bikers of Michaux has group rides every Thursday evening and Sunday morning and guests are always welcome. You can find out where the rides are starting from each week at www.mbmblog.com.