Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

New question here. Camp Mack trail routes ......

Hey guys. Looking to do my first ride at Camp Mack. I printed out the map with the green only summer trails. I'm looking for any suggestions on routes from pumping station rd. Thanks for your time

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Camp Mack trail routes ......

Would be glad to give you a tour on Saturday when I get back in town. PM if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----

10' Cannondale Alloy Flash 1 29er
    11' Salsa El Mariachi SS Rigid

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Thanks for the offer , not sure yet what day I will be able to get out there. But hope to soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Feel free to PM me as well. I would also be happy to show you around if I am available. I live 5 minutes from the pumping station rd. parking lot so I ride here any much or more than anywhere else.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thanks for the offer guys. Fair warning, im a clyde so I will be the last one up the hill. Only been out a few times so far this year, so I dont want to hold anyone up. I will be heading out to camp mack around 2:00pm this Sunday (6/8). If anyone still would like to ride. If not... no worries, just any help on what trail to ride and in what direction would be helpful. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    2:00 pm? I might make it for this! If I have time tonight I'll draw up on the map routes I like to take for you. I love riding there. I rotate between Mack and Mt Penn.

mtbr member
    Blah not sure I can make it now. Took a hard fall at Mt Penn yesterday. Wrist not liking it today.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

I_AM. No worries. Hope the wrist doesn't keep you out too long. I will give it a shot later today. I have a map and gps. So I should be ok.

mtbr member
    How was the ride?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    How was the ride?
    Well funny you sould ask. I went at it wrong from the start, I should have know at that point how the day was going to go. So.... I hiked up the blue blaze trail, found out that was the wrong way once I got to the top, and said "f... it" and kept going. Found the main trail system about a half mile later. Enjoyed the ride all the way up to eagle rock. At that point knowing there was a chance for storms in the area, and being I was riding by myself. I checked the map and started back to the trail head. Then I came up with the great Idea of taking the stright shot back to the car via the horseshoe trail...... So being a clyde on a Hardtail I was doing very well, taking my time down the rock trail from hell. Even took a break to get the feeling back into may hands about half way down..... Then a little ways down from there, I ate ****... Super man over the bars. Crack in the helmet, busted nose and some shin cuts took me back to the trail head. so.... long story short, Good ride till that point. I like the trail system. Just not that trail...

mtbr member
    Oh man. You went up and down two of the roughest trails there. I'll have to draw out a map for you or let me know next time you come this way. Heal up fast.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Any suggestions for routes at Camp Mack that will avoid the scouts?
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    Oh man. You went up and down two of the roughest trails there. I'll have to draw out a map for you or let me know next time you come this way. Heal up fast.
    Yeah... Im ok. Thanks. I look forward to riding there again. My Brother and Sister in law live about 5mins from there, I will let you know the next time I will be out that way.

Any suggestions for routes at Camp Mack that will avoid the scouts?
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

smartass
    Avoiding the scouts isn't really an issue since Lost Valley and the end of North Valley are pretty much gone. You can really only ride out NV as far as Forge Hill Rd., so when you hit that, just climb out to South Camp Rd and head back towards the rest of the trails.

mtbr member
    I like to ride this route when I'm pressed on time. Reds are the ups and greens are the downs if that helps. Yes its a masterpiece map I did in paint

Camp Mack trail routes ......-campmack.jpg

Me and my buddy want to ride Mack today but we're always concerned about pissing someone off. We don't want to be the bad eggs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    You should be fine, like Amish Matt said, after Lost Valley and North Valley were destroyed none of the existing trails take you to the part of the camp the scouts are in.

FWIW I rode there last night and the single track trails are all in really good shape, and the crappy connector trails are (even more than normal) crappy and rutted out. I say go for it, if you can beat the rain.

Could someone do a quick and dirty edit to the map showing where North Valley and Lost Valley terminate?

I am in the process of building a GIS map that would show all the double track, single track, open and closed trails and potentially some different loop options.

smartass
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    FWIW I rode there last night and the single track trails are all in really good shape, and the crappy connector trails are (even more than normal) crappy and rutted out. I say go for it, if you can beat the rain.
    *Sigh* That's the problem with Mack. Riding there is like "This is awesome! Wait, no this sucks! This is awesome! Dammit, this sucks again!"

Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Could someone do a quick and dirty edit to the map showing where North Valley and Lost Valley terminate?
    North Valley ends at Forge Hill Rd. At the blue X.

Camp Mack trail routes ......-campmack2.jpg

Was the whole north end of camp timbered?

smartass
    Yes. On that map, it's pretty much everything north of Forge Hill Rd.

I haven't tried to ride up Lost Valley from Hammer Creek Rd. since last summer. At that time you could about get halfway up before you hit logging.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by amish_matt View Post
    *Sigh* That's the problem with Mack. Riding there is like "This is awesome! Wait, no this sucks! This is awesome! Dammit, this sucks again!"

So true. lol

mtbr member
    Maybe I'm newerish but I find Camp Mack to be very fun.

What would you classify as the connector trails? The doubletrack roads? Or the older trails that SAMBA didn't build?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast