Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 124
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    She was parked as the parking lot at the pumping station. She was just there to hike with friends and husband. She did say when she got back her car was the only one left.

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    My co-worker just told me her car window was smashed into last Sunday around 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. So be careful.
    I bumped into a hiker at Eagle who said he caught some guys in a white van trying to break into his Jeep.

    Be careful there. I think I will start leaving my car empty with the doors unlocked.

    Friggin a-hole thieves have to ruin it for everyone.

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: supersedona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    646
    Some dont care if there is stuff in it. My friend(in another area) would leave his windows down and glove box open. They would then break the windshield out of spite. It was only a beat up dirty subaru too.
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by supersedona View Post
    Some dont care if there is stuff in it. My friend(in another area) would leave his windows down and glove box open. They would then break the windshield out of spite. It was only a beat up dirty subaru too.
    Wait a minute, I drive a beat up dirty Subaru! lol

    Maybe that tactic won't work in all situations, but I think these people are simple thieves looking for stuff. So I would rather just let them go through my car so they see I don't have anything of use to them... meanwhile I will stalk them from the brush and shoot out their tires.

    Kidding. Or am I?

  5. #55
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Reputation: PHeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,570
    Perhaps some game cameras pointed towards the parking area (and away from 322) would help identify those involved.

    Downside would be I'm sure that at least 30-50 people go through that parking lot in a day. That would fill a memory card pretty quick.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Wait a minute, I drive a beat up dirty Subaru! lol

    Maybe that tactic won't work in all situations, but I think these people are simple thieves looking for stuff. So I would rather just let them go through my car so they see I don't have anything of use to them... meanwhile I will stalk them from the brush and shoot out their tires.

    Kidding. Or am I?
    Were you there yesterday? I saw an old beat up Subaru.

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    Were you there yesterday? I saw an old beat up Subaru.
    haha Nah, yesterday I was at Gov. Dick.

    I suppose my Subaru isn't that old or that beat up... it's a 2006 Forester that hasn't seen a bath since the end of winter though. lol

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: supersedona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    646
    My car is just a 94 escort wagon so its got the little old car thing covered Usually not a theft target either, lol
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

  9. #59
    I'm Local
    Reputation: Local717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    156
    pointerDixie, are you the guy with the Canfield 9er that rides with Matt and Chris?

  10. #60
    smartass
    Reputation: amish_matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    534
    Yes, that's him.

  11. #61
    I'm Local
    Reputation: Local717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    156
    Matt, hit me up next time you guys are riding out there! I'm riding Rocky tonight after work...

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148

    Camp Mack trail routes ......

    Local717- yep. Assuming we have met? Lol.

  13. #63
    I'm Local
    Reputation: Local717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Local717- yep. Assuming we have met? Lol.
    I'm the guy that rides the green Knolly DT and Intense 5.5...

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148

    Camp Mack trail routes ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Local717 View Post
    I'm the guy that rides the green Knolly DT and Intense 5.5...
    Ok yeah. I know you. Lol.

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    I must ride weird times. I like meet no one ever. Sometimes I feel I'm the only one on the entire mountain.

  16. #66
    I'm Local
    Reputation: Local717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    I must ride weird times. I like meet no one ever. Sometimes I feel I'm the only one on the entire mountain.
    I ride week days after 6pm. Mack, Gretna or Rocky. Weekends are all over the place... But I feel like I've been seeing more and more new faces on the trail. Which is a very good thing!

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    I must ride weird times. I like meet no one ever. Sometimes I feel I'm the only one on the entire mountain.
    I usually ride Mack or Gretna a couple days a week around 5:30, and then usually somewhere else on the weekend. Since I ride Mack more than anywhere else during the week, I only ride there on the weekends if I have a ton of stuff going on and can't go somewhere else.

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    Ahh I see. I usually ride Mack on the weekdays. Anywhere from 5-7 depending on when I get off work. I'll keep an eye out. I drive the little green Toyota convertible with the hitch on the back. I don't go to Gretna too much because its 30 minutes away as Mack is only about 15ish. I have only been riding for 1 year marking this summer so I'm not much of a technical climber I just like going down!

  19. #69
    I'm Local
    Reputation: Local717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    Ahh I see. I usually ride Mack on the weekdays. Anywhere from 5-7 depending on when I get off work. I'll keep an eye out. I drive the little green Toyota convertible with the hitch on the back. I don't go to Gretna too much because its 30 minutes away as Mack is only about 15ish. I have only been riding for 1 year marking this summer so I'm not much of a technical climber I just like going down!
    Gotta go up, to get down...

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Local717 View Post
    Gotta go up, to get down...
    I know I know. Learning to like the up more.

  21. #71
    smartass
    Reputation: amish_matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Local717 View Post
    Matt, hit me up next time you guys are riding out there! I'm riding Rocky tonight after work...
    Ha, didn't see this until now and we still managed to run into each other. I'll drop you a line next time we ride Mack. Probably some evening next week.

  22. #72
    I'm Local
    Reputation: Local717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by amish_matt View Post
    Ha, didn't see this until now and we still managed to run into each other. I'll drop you a line next time we ride Mack. Probably some evening next week.
    Sounds good, I can make it to Mack 5:30-6 after work. Hit me up.

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Local717 View Post
    Sounds good, I can make it to Mack 5:30-6 after work. Hit me up.
    Nice! Sucks I missed out of the Rocky ride yesterday, but we had a lot going on.

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    I just want to say thank for all those who make this a fun place to ride. Went there twice yesterday on my day off. Came down Blue in the AM and came back down Horseshoe in the evening. This place just has a good range of things to ride.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    I am heading there tonight for a quickie myself. The blue trail is really fun, and I very rarely ride it for some stupid reason. I have been doing the horseshoe and/or bart more lately though.

    Tonight my plan is up the main climb, down spring, up sharp valley, up muddy biatch, up to Eagle, down to light, down light, up the road and a right on the other road and out.

    Clear as mud? lol I only have about an hour, so if time permits after that route I might duck in and take the blue trail back to the car.

  26. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    I've often wonder what that one trail was called and now I know it is called muddy biatch.

    I don't ride blue too much either. The steep really humbles me. I think I need to ride it more to get use to how steep it is. I do like doing Horshe down to Bart as well.

  27. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    I've often wonder what that one trail was called and now I know it is called muddy biatch.

    I don't ride blue too much either. The steep really humbles me. I think I need to ride it more to get use to how steep it is. I do like doing Horshe down to Bart as well.
    I think I always end up skipping blue because I don't save enough time for it, not really for the terrain. One time I went up the main climb and down blue first, and then did the rest of my ride. That was pretty nice because you get to do the first climb twice, and you can go down blue (which many people call Otter Slide - for obvious reasons) AND horseshoe.

    Oh yeah, Muddy B!tch isn't the official name for that trail. lol I think it's an unofficial part of North Valley.

  28. #78
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Reputation: PHeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,570
    What trail is Blue?
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

  29. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    Blue trail you see to the left as you go in across the little stream. It is in my opinion just a side of a mountain you go down. Which is really fun. To get to it you'll see a left as you get close to the top of the main climb. I think its called Big Rock.

  30. #80
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Reputation: PHeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,570
    The doubletrack you're calling "Main Climb" is Explorer Lodge Road. It meets up with the top of Hammercreek Road at the Big Rock, Gameland, Spring, and Big Timber Split. Explorer Lodge runs clear over to South Camp Road, where you would take a right to go up to Light or the bottom of Horseshoe coming west down the mountain from Eagle's Rock.

    I'm all for giving trails funny names, but in an emergency situation its your best interest to know the trail names as say, the Ranger would know them.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

  31. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    Blue trail you see to the left as you go in across the little stream. It is in my opinion just a side of a mountain you go down. Which is really fun. To get to it you'll see a left as you get close to the top of the main climb. I think its called Big Rock.
    You can also access it directly across from the top of where you enter Spring trail. Just take a left instead of the right onto Spring. Lots of fun big rocks to play on, some progressive drops, and maybe a mile or so of single track.

  32. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    You can also access it directly across from the top of where you enter Spring trail. Just take a left instead of the right onto Spring. Lots of fun big rocks to play on, some progressive drops, and maybe a mile or so of single track.
    Really?! Awesome. I saw it said gamelands so I never went that route. I suspected it might connect because I saw going up blue once it said Gameland trail too.

  33. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    The doubletrack you're calling "Main Climb" is Explorer Lodge Road.

    I'm all for giving trails funny names, but in an emergency situation its your best interest to know the trail names as say, the Ranger would know them.
    You are correct. I thought the name was Explorer. I do carry a printed map with me. But I haven't looked at in awhile.

  34. #84
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Reputation: PHeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,570
    I think you guys are talking about Gameland, or at least it's Gameland at the top and Big Rock at the end.

    I'd love to see a trail that connect Hammer Creek Road at Sharp Valley to where Big Rock pops out on Explorer Lodge at the entrance.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

  35. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    You are correct. I thought the name was Explorer. I do carry a printed map with me. But I haven't looked at in awhile.
    I don't carry the map but I do know the names. If I were talking to a ranger I would use the real name (AKA North Valley if to take a right after going up Sharp rather than "Muddy *****). It's all in good fun.

    But you raise a good point.

    BTW- I pushed myself harder tonight than I have in a while and it felt awesome.

  36. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LititzDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    536
    The true name of the trail known as Muddy B!tch is Valley Brook. It is not on the map and does not have a red trail sign. It is a trail that the scouts wanted closed, but it just never took.

    Matt

  37. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: supersedona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    646
    For mud reasons? or was it just slated to be closed?
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

  38. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by LititzDude View Post
    The true name of the trail known as Muddy B!tch is Valley Brook. It is not on the map and does not have a red trail sign. It is a trail that the scouts wanted closed, but it just never took.

    Matt
    Well I'll be. Mystery solved.

  39. #89
    smartass
    Reputation: amish_matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    534
    Yeah, that does sound familiar, but I think the new name has replaced the original. Long live Muddy B!tch.

  40. #90
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Reputation: PHeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,570
    So Valley Brook is the mysterious connector trail between Explorer and Sharp? I was wondering why Strava maps showed a trail there but none of the maps did.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

  41. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    I've found Valley Brook to have really dried off now and not as muddy after rainfalls now. But I could be totally wrong.

    pointerDixie214

    I wanted to hit up Mack last night too but the wife wanted to go ride rails and trails instead. So I raced her instead inside my head as we casually strolled on cruisers.

  42. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LititzDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    So Valley Brook is the mysterious connector trail between Explorer and Sharp? I was wondering why Strava maps showed a trail there but none of the maps did.
    Almost. Valley Brook(MD) connected to Big Timber. When we put in North Valley, we used part of Valley Brook, the part with the bridge we built and re-named it North Valley. So Now North Valley connects to Big Timber and MB connects into North Valley.

  43. #93
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Reputation: PHeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,570
    Camp Mack trail routes ......-unknownconnectortrails.jpg

    Could one of SAMBA folks help me identify the names of these connectors?
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

  44. #94
    I'm Local
    Reputation: Local717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    156
    I was on Muddy B!tch yesterday, and it was more like Dry Rocky B!tch.... Deep sand all over the park too... This rain today should help conditions.

  45. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    Yeah I felt Muddy has been dry all month. Sharp had some very annoying deep sand.

  46. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LititzDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    536
    ?1=Big Timber
    ?2=Valley Brook
    Map
    http://sambabiker.com/attachments/04...%207-24-12.pdf

  47. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    How long do you guys usually wait to go after a rain fall? Itching to go but want the trail to dry up a bit first.

  48. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LititzDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    How long do you guys usually wait to go afteer a rain fall? Itching to go but want the trail to dry up a bit first.
    The camp drains very well, with the worst being the Horse Shoe trail from 322 and explorer lodge road. So to answer your question if the first 5 minutes is ok, the rest of the camp will be fine.

  49. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    Thanks for the answer Matt. I decided to stay off last night but will hit it up tonight.

  50. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: I_AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    203
    I have to say going down blue is now my favorite trail section. The more I ride it the more fun it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Camp Mack Cleanup
    By BK575 in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 05:28 PM
  2. Copperheads at Camp Mack.
    By A-Ray in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 03:19 PM
  3. Camp Mack Parking
    By PHeller in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 03:30 PM
  4. Camp Mack
    By LititzDude in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 08:24 PM
  5. Camp Mack GT Demo 2012
    By dietz31684 in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •