Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's pretty great. I love how I (get lost and) find new lines down every time.

I did come into one section a little hot last week and washed out. Not sure how, but I managed to stay rubber side down at least.

mtbr member
    When do they start hunting in the Mack?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM View Post
    When do they start hunting in the Mack?
    Just posted on the SAMBA Facebook pages yesterday... I am sure it'll be on the website soon too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/44621924269/

In case you don't have Facebook:

October 4-November 15, 2014
    Exceptions: Sundays- Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26 & Nov. 2, 9
    Deer Archery Season Entire Camp
    (Except Horseshoe Trail)

December 1-December 13, 2014
    Exceptions: Sunday Dec. 7
    Deer Firearm Season
    Entire Camp
    (Except Horseshoe Trail)

December 26, 2014-January 10, 2015
    Exceptions: Sundays Dec 27 and Jan 4
    Deer Flintlock Season
    Entire Camp
    (Except Horseshoe Trail)

mtbr member
    Thanks! I saw it right on FB the day after I wrote that.

Little small victories today on Blue. I found this drop that has been calling me. I been scared to commit because the landing is kind of blind. Hit it today a few times. Now I need to be more committed with some speed.

Dropping - YouTube

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Nice job. I know right where that is! There's another place there with like three different drop options that is cool too, since each one is a bit bigger than the last.

I got to hit Bart last night fast on the full squish for the first time. I highly suggest that too!

mtbr member
    Oh?? Do tell which trail? Yeah Bart is pretty fun. Only thing is it's so short and you have to turn right and climb back up or turn left and go back to the car.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ha, true story on Bart ending too quickly with minimal options. We went back up it [explorer lodge] so we could go down Spring.

Also going down big timber toward North Valley (Muddy Biatch section) is pretty fun.

Not sure how to describe those drops on blue. They're maybe halfway through the rougher part of the trail, set up almost side by side.

I also ride with a guy who, on the very last rocky loose descent to the creek on blue, goes completely to the right where there's a small 15 foot long trail or so and then rides straight down the face of the rock. Haven't had the guts to pull that one off myself. lol
    Last edited by pointerDixie214; 09-19-2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Clarified.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Blue = Explorer Lodge, right?

Just to confirm the location of Bart:

Camp Mack trail routes ......-mack-bart-location.jpg

Reason I ask is that I thought Bart was pretty impassible.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Blue = Explorer Lodge, right?

Just to confirm the location of Bart:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mack-Bart Location.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	924356

Reason I ask is that I thought Bart was pretty impassible.
    Blue actually isn't on that map. As you go up Explorer Lodge from 322, you'll see a blue marked trail on your left as you go by the creek. That's "blue", "Otter slide", whatever.

You are correct on Bart on the map, which is very much passable... going down.

mtbr member
    Blue isn't marked as stated. You see blue to the left across the little creek as you go up that first slight hill on the entrance of Explorer. It looks just like a side of a mountain and is super fun coming down.

Seriously anyone who can ride up all of Bart I have to just have to give it to them. I'm sure there are some crazy dudes that do it though.

pointer I do like North Valley to muddy but it is such a short run. Fun an techy though. I wish it was as long as Spring. I think I need to come out and ride with you!

Are there any preliminary maps done for new trails to replace what was destroyed by logging, or will the SAMBA crew layout trails on the ground and map later?
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Samba is meeting at the end of this month at Camp Mack. I believe on the agenda one of the topics is about the new trails and construction for those new trails. Pheller let me know if you ever want someone to show you around.

SAMBA 2014 Annual Membership Meeting and Open House
    1:00 pm. Sunday, September 28, 2014
    Camp Mack
    Newmanstown, PA

Hey, being on a Sunday I might actually be able to make that!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I_AM - shoot me a message any time you want to ride. I'm usually game in the evenings to ride Mack, but I tend to go elsewhere during the weekends. You got a light? Getting to be about that time.

On the North Valley, I meant to say I really like the downhill on Big Timber to NV/MB. That's a hoot.

No way I could make it up Bart, but I know a couple guys that might be able to. Not sure.

Also- it is my understanding that the new trails are already flagged. Construction was delayed first due to an insurance issue, and then because the summer growth would make it very tough to cut new trail. I can't remember if Matt said we would start cutting this Fall, or if we would wait until Spring... but I am sure that will be addressed on the 28th.

My wife and I will both be there.

When I saw the area they logged it reminded me a lot of what Trexler up in Allentown looked like when they put in the trail up there. They also had help from a local who owned an equipment rental business so some of those trails are nice and wide.

mtbr member
    Pointer I'll let you know next week. It's my early week at work so I get off at 4. I don't have lights yet. I usually ride solo so that would be to spooky. Might see a shadowy figure or a ghost you know.

I'm Local
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    I also ride with a guy who, on the very last rocky loose descent to the creek on blue, goes completely to the right where there's a small 15 foot long trail or so and then rides straight down the face of the rock. Haven't had the guts to pull that one off myself. lol
    Love that chute you're talking about! There's another one that's pretty crazy before that. Here's me hitting that line.
    Camp Mack trail routes ......-photo-2-.jpg

I'm Local
    Pointer, hit me up, I have a TON of lights!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Local717 View Post
    Love that chute you're talking about! There's another one that's pretty crazy before that. Here's me hitting that line.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	424.2 KB 
ID:	924747
    OHH man that looks fun! So this is to the right of the last part?

I'm Local
    OHH man that looks fun! So this is to the right of the last part?
    No, this is another section before the far right line that drops into the creek at the end. And don't let the picture fool you, that line is super steep!

mtbr member
    Hrmm...Trying to picture where this is at. Where all the big rocks are at the part before the line starts going down? That picture ain't fooling me that looks steep!

I'm Local
    Hrmm...Trying to picture where this is at. Where all the big rocks are at the part before the line starts going down? That picture ain't fooling me that looks steep!
    The trail goes to the riders right in the pic. So you have to know where to look to hit that one.

mtbr member
    I'm playing the trail in my head and I have an idea to where its at. Will probably need to do some discovering to find it though. Probably need a couple mental hurdles before hitting that one. But this is why I love Blue. It pushes you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Nice pic man! And agreed... Night rides in the near future for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12