Thread: Camp Mack

mtbr member

Camp Mack

CAMP MACK (7-21-12)

I was contacted by Gary Guare (Scout Ranger) about issues with Mountain bikers riding through the camp areas. Please stay out of the main camp areas. The main camp areas would be defined as the areas around the pool and pavilion, or any road that has tent platforms on it. Safe areas are south of Sharp Valley, the only trails north of Sharp that we are allowed to be on is North Valley and Lost Valley accessed from North Valley. If Scouts continue to to have issues with bikers riding through groups of scouts or bikers not stopping when asked by scouts, this is the message I was asked to convey to everyone “Please get the word out to your riders that have permits or this could end for all mountain biking of any type to the outside public”.

If you are riding and see scouts, turn around and go the other way. Please forward this to anyone that may not be on my e-mail list.

Matt Myers
    SAMBA Trail coordinator J. Edward Mack Scout Reservation

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I think this may be my fault, me and my nephew were cruising around the camp and went into their little store to get water on Tuesday. We didn't run anyone over and no one seemed to mind us. I think the scout rangers just want to brain wash their kids in peace though. The scouts we saw near the pump track we said hi too, but they just froze up and were mostly unresponsive.

Will stay to the pumping station side from now on. At least we can't be called in as witnesses that way.

banned
    Apr 2009
    Is Camp Mac having another free trail ride day this year??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzoblue View Post
    I think this may be my fault, me and my nephew were cruising around the camp and went into their little store to get water on Tuesday. We didn't run anyone over and no one seemed to mind us. I think the scout rangers just want to brain wash their kids in peace though. The scouts we saw near the pump track we said hi too, but they just froze up and were mostly unresponsive.

Will stay to the pumping station side from now on. At least we can't be called in as witnesses that way.
    There were two separaterate incidents last week and that does not sound like either one. I'm not going into details but the BSA's first priority is the safety of the scouts and to that end everything else is second.

mtbr member

Update

I have attached a map showing the approved trails.
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks! Actually all of North Valley trail is pretty nice of them, I thought they'd cut it off at Lost.