Thread: Camp Mack

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Camp Mack

How are the trails at camp mack? I've never ridden there which kind of funny because it closer to me than both Rocky Ridge and Gretna and I always ride those trails. I'd love to get up there sometime soon. I have driven past on occasion....there is only one review

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I ride there very regularly and know "almost" everything with my eyes closed.
    Excellent place to ride, varying types of terrain, and only 15 minutes from my house.
    Not as rocky as gretna, but not as smooth as Blue Marsh, nice mix of ups and downs.
    Would love to show you around, but out of commission right now till the MRI comes back.
    If you show up on a Sunday morning around 8 you are pretty much guaranteed to find someone that will show you around...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Ray
    I ride there very regularly and know "almost" everything with my eyes closed.
    Excellent place to ride, varying types of terrain, and only 15 minutes from my house.
    Not as rocky as gretna, but not as smooth as Blue Marsh, nice mix of ups and downs.
    Would love to show you around, but out of commission right now till the MRI comes back.
    If you show up on a Sunday morning around 8 you are pretty much guaranteed to find someone that will show you around...

Sounds good. Is the park closed on Saturdays or is Sunday just when everyone tends to head out and ride? I wouldn't say gretna is too rocky other than for trail 15. Thanks for the info....looking forward to riding there. I may see if I can get the pass sometime this week at green mountain and check it out this saturday.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Paging Moonraker.....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    We head out at 7 am Sundays, if you want to join us shoot me an e-mail

Matt Myers
    mmyers(at)ptd.net, or the SAMBA site

banned
    Apr 2009
    Anyone have any Pics or Video?? I need to see the trail before I pay to ride it!--that's why I have not yet been.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Riding Camp Mack

I have a suggestion....hook up with someone who has a pass to see if you like riding there. Then, you can decide if you would like to buy one. You will not be disappointed. SAMBA is the local club responsible for maintaining the trails at Mack. The$25 fee goes to the Boy Scouts of America. You can obtain the permit at Green Mountain Cyclery. You must bring a check addressed to the BSA to get the permit, no cash!

Cyclery.http://www.greenmtncyclery.com/contact.asp

Have fun!

The Duchess

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey 247, I know that JB Mountain Bikes did do a video a while back, I believe it is on youtube.
    Also like the Duchess just suggested, I did the same thing and rode with a pass holder my first time. I immediately went over to GM and got the pass after our ride.
    Probably the best 25 bucks I've spent in a long time. Definitely worth it especially if you live pretty close by. Clearly my favorite place to ride, along with Gretna...

Swengo the only reason I suggested Sunday was because there are usually hunters all over that place on Saturday..

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Ray
    Swengo the only reason I suggested Sunday was because there are usually hunters all over that place on Saturday..
    Yea....being a hunter myself I know hunting season is over. At least that is until the late season archery/muzzleloader season starts up after christmas until mid jan. I'll check out the JB vid. I've seen a couple others they made already

sambabiker.com
    here is a low quality video ( takes a few seconds to load..just hit play)....the pass is worth it.

http://share.vio-pov.com/videoManage...?video_id=5645

banned
    Apr 2009
    Thanks... I have been waiting over a year to see some pics of this place. Can they hunt here?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 247
    Thanks... I have been waiting over a year to see some pics of this place. Can they hunt here?
    Yes, they property is hunted. The property is leased by the Hammer Creek Hunt Club
    http://hammercreekhuntingclub.com/