Thread: Burma anyone?

my church is the woods

Burma anyone?

If anyone has any info on these trails, I would greatly appreciate it

From the reviews I've read, it sounds like the sh!t. But where exactly do I go to find a trailhead? maps? people to ride with?

From the looks of it, it's just northeast of Pottsville. I've been getting more familiar with the enduro type trails in Carbon county, and would like to explore someplace new. Burma looks like the answer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

don't go alone, get a local

The Burma is one awesome place to ride MTB or dirt bike. I used to live in Sch. County and rode up thier alot... that was a long time ago. Burma refers to the whole Mountain not any one specific trail. Thier are at least 10 different places to park a car and start a ride. If you want to check it out you have to find someone to show you around, thier are so many trails and they connect to so many different roads that you can get seriously lost and in BIG trouble. I rode in a specifc area near the cable antenna's and fire tower, but that area is just 1/20th of what you can find. Just take my warning about getting lost, some area can be very confusing and very hilly. 20 years ago we were riding dirt bikes outside St Clair and got lost, 3 hrs. later we ended up 12 miles away outside Middleport, not a good thing. If you check AAA their is a detailed map of Schuykill County that has all the paved road on it, that will get you to St Clair and the Burma. Find a local and have a good ride.