Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! Bureau of Forestery/DCNR Meeting in Scranton Pa

To all:

The BOF/DCNR meeting in Scranton, Pa was held at Holiday Inn, Dunmore ,Pa. Tuesday Night at 7pm.

Chris Stine and myself (Lee Curry) of NEPMTBA attended and the outcome was great! We had the opportunity to express our ideas and opinions about anything we wished. Our topic of course was Mt. Biking in State Forests and how we can work with the BOF/DCNR to progress and help spread ideas and opportunities for the Greater Mountain Biking Community.
    We each had a round table discussion with a District Forester, mine was Timothy S. Lander of the Delaware State Forest. He was very knowledgeable and provided me with info on all topics of Mt Biking in his area as well as others. At my table was Bob Conners from Back Mountain Enduro Riders (BMER) of which I am also a member. Bob spoke of Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) trails in the Glen Lyon area on Earth Conservancy Land. John Motz spoke of many topics and was very informative about all aspects of BOF. He was sitting to my left. When all was said and done we had a summary of all of our ideas to announce to the entire attending audience as well the other groups ideas. There was a large contingent of Recreational Trails that was proposed.
    Chris Stine had at his table Nicholas P. Lylo Assistant District Forester. He talked about a trail system involving Tilbury Knob and the connection with Moon Lake county Park to the Susquehanna Warrior Path Rail/Trail through State Forest Land. A 11 mile trail! We offered our NEPMTBA Trail Care Crew to assist in the future Development and Construction of said trail system. We were greeted with Nicks acceptance and told he would contact us as work progressed towards a final plan.
    In summation, it was a Great night and many contacts were made and renewed. I would like to thank all for the opportunities to work with some very fine people.
    As we attended this meeting it was a different venue for Chris and I as we had to miss our regular Tuesday Night Ride at Frances Slocum State Park that has been going on every Tuesday for more than a year!
    We had NEPMTBA Members John Stoshick, Joe Stanley and Dave Obsitos for filling in for us and take the control of the ride. I would like to personally Thank them for hepling us in this matter....You are the Best!

Lee Curry
    NEPMTBA

mtbr member
    [SIZE="6"]Son of a 8itch[/SIZE] I thought that meeting was tonight!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    [SIZE=6]Son of a 8itch[/SIZE] I thought that meeting was tonight!
    Larry:

[SIZE=12] The Forest loves you! The Trees missed you! The alien plants that are taking over the world were asking for you! Now you have to wait 5 years for it to happen again

Don't worry brother... I have you covered! We will talk Thursday night!
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    [SIZE="1"]Thanks, Fahn[/SIZE]