mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Building a bike need help Bucks County Pa area

Well all my parts are in for my Hammerhead thumper. Just looking for someone with experience building bikes and the right tools to help me out,will pay. Or recommend a shop to build it for me

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Doylestown bike works recently became my go to shop. So far they have been great and they actually ride bikes so that means something to me personally. Good luck

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    consider getting the tools and learning to do it yourself, it will be an investment that pays off huge in the future, and you will know how to fix something if/when it breaks.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    There's a few specialized tools required to do things right

- it'd pay in the long run to have the frame checked that the head and BB don't need to be "faced" or "chased" - I'd be a little surprised of the Thumper wasn't as-is, but it's better to check before build then destroy bearings quickly over the lifetime of the bike.
    - press-in bearings can be a PITA w/o the right tool (headset cups, and maybe BB cups if it's a PF bb - I think the alloy Thumper is threaded though)
    - bottom bracket tool (for threaded BB)
    - derailleur cable wire/housing cutters
    - brake hose trimming
    - brake bleed, maybe
    - fork steerer cutting
    - fork star-nut setter
    - fork crown race setter
    - if doing tubeless tire setup and you're not conversant, that can be a PITA the first time, helps to have experienced advice

I've made do with cobbled together tool kits for years, but honestly at this point it is just a TON easier to get someone with the right tools to do the above and take the pain away, especially for a one-off.

but yeah, building a bike is fun, and rewarding, and having the knowledge of how things are put together helps if you need to address something on the trail.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    if you need someone just to watch and drink beer just let me know, I'd love to help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
    Doylestown bike works recently became my go to shop. So far they have been great and they actually ride bikes so that means something to me personally. Good luck
    ^This. It's not worth ****ing up your investment bro.

mtbr member
    Also the majority of the tools bear mentioned can be made yourself so its not too expensive either.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misťrables