Thread: Bucks County

I am the big German!

Bucks County

Coming up to PA for T-giving. Any ideas for mountain biking there in bucks county. Saw something on Google about Tohickon Creek. Any other places to ride? I'll probably be a little time constricted and I'm looking for something to distract me for 2-3 hours. I would prefer not to have to drive too far. I'll be staying somewhere near Newtown, not sure exactly where my wife's cousins live.

Thanks
    Dan
    Suffering is the gateway to true knowledge of one's self, and therefore humility. M. Twight

out of shape
    core creek park, its in newtown, pretty fun small track mostly flat

neshaminy high school, 15 from core creek
    lots of trails and hills
    doylestown pa
    SS cannondale F6

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I just checked out Core Creek for the 1st time this weekend and it's a nice little course. There are easily enough trails to keep you busy for a few hours, especially if you start on the wrong side of the lake like I did. Stay on the south side of the lake (same side as park office and tennis courts)

Core Creek is mainly flat, has some nice logs, bridges, pallets... and a ton of deer. In fact about dark I probably saw about 50 deer in about 3 miles of trail and they must see lots of bikers because they weren’t too afraid either. Only down-side is after heavy rain this place looks like it would be a mud bath. It's only about 15 minutes from Newtown!

Tohickon Creek (Highrocks) is a much tougher course and has a ton of rocks, roots, and few good hills. Senery is great over-looking the Tohickon.

Penneypack is more rolling hills and some nice singletrack it's also quite a bit larger than Core Creek or Highrocks.

Enjoy!

out of shape
    its only 2 minutes from newtown, including traffic lights
    doylestown pa
    SS cannondale F6

I am the big German!

Muchas Gracias!

Thanks to all: Den9, JohnW and Ken. I'm looking forward to getting up there. I'm not sure where I'll ride, but I do have clearance from the pie. I'll check with the pie's family to find out which of the parks is closest. At least I'll know what to expect.

Dan
    Suffering is the gateway to true knowledge of one's self, and therefore humility. M. Twight

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    Tohickon Creek would probably be Ralph Stover, which is worth while for a weeknight after work or a quick ride if you are close. It has about 12 miles of trails that form a big loop. You cannot really get lost. Not sure where you are heading in Bucks, but this is only about 15 minutes north of Doylestown.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmack
    Tohickon Creek would probably be Ralph Stover, which is worth while for a weeknight after work or a quick ride if you are close. It has about 12 miles of trails that form a big loop. You cannot really get lost. Not sure where you are heading in Bucks, but this is only about 15 minutes north of Doylestown.
    12 mi? How? Even starting from the trailhead @ Cafferty Rd between Tohickon Valley Park and River Road and riding all the way out across the road (Stover Park?), around the loop on that side and back again, I think it's only ~ 7 mi. Maybe 8, tops.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    Yeah, maybe 12 is a bit of an exageration, but I was figuring that if you ride the loop it's about 7 and then a few miles if you were to ride some of the side trails. I guess 12 would be a bit extra, but it's still worth checking out.