mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Broomall - Trails / Dirt Jumps

Hey, I heard about the trails behind the Don Guanella School in Broomall so I figured to check them out. Looks like there use to be a lot of riding going on back there, I stumbled across all the dirt jump's. Anyone know when these are being ridden? I'd like to watch some of the locals rip these!
    Thanks, Rob

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm not sure if anyone rides those jumps, but I'm pretty sure a group called the Trail Junkies ride back there pretty often.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    where is this????? i may have to uhhhh... investigate those jumps... are they any good? or just a crappy double or two?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The dirt jumps are commonly referred to as "little devil" jumps after the riders that built most of the stuff. It is waaaaaaay better than just a couple of doubles. These are some serious dirt jumps. I've seen guys 15 feet in the air. It looks like they are swinging through the trees.

There are tons of XC trails also in these woods. They wind all over the area. Hit me up if you would like a tour-I've taken the trail junkies back there a few times... they love it.

My email is
    whitney.smith2@gmail.com

mtbr member
    my cousin, who is in high school, rides here and said there are some nice hits. I will contact him and see if he has been there lately.
    bike = good

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Little Devil

Yeah, the dirt jumps are the real deal. Manicured and packed with flat tops. The trails I rode were primarily double track but I can see where there is some single track. I did get lost back there so there's plenty to work with for sure.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    are they doubles or tables?

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Its crazy that the property has never been developed or sold by the archdiocese of philly. There was a rumor back in the late 90's that they were going to build a new modern O'hara high school there but then enrollments in catholic high schools started plummeting. The poor kids whose parents make them go there still have to live in that miserable run down building up the street with 300 window air conditioners trying to keep it cool.

The bmx jumps at DG have been built/dozed/rebuilt/destroyed by quads/rebuilt/dozed again countless times over the years. My uncle and his friends use to ride their motocross bikes on the streets through havertown to DG in the early 80's. The first time I went there I was 10 or 11, I'm 35 now.When I got my first mtb in 10th grade that was the only place I could get to. Saw brian and alan foster and dave clymer ride there... '92 or 93 I think.