Thread: Bradford Area

mtbr member

Bradford Area

Hi there, my cousin who is living in Bradford just started MTBing, purchased a GF Paragon last week... I had him on some quad trails and a little singletrack when we met at the homestead for the holiday last weekend. Gave him a little taste for it and i think he was pretty stoked.

I know that Ellicottville has a great trail system, but was wondering what the local Bradford trail action looks like. He talked to the guys from LBS there who said he could join their weekly(?) shop ride, not sure what that consists of.... but i advised him to do it to learn whats available and get into group riding.

Can someone point me to some links or give me a brief description of the riding in the local area?

Last year I went up to Denton twice for a little downhill XC singletrack fun. Hoping to get him over there very soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I was stuck in Bradford 2 summers ago. The LBS weekly rides were very helpful in finding trails. The owner built a good amount himself Without those rides, it's pretty tough to find places to which you don't have to drive (Ellicottville, etc.) There are a lot of areas marked Private that actually allow bikes. I would highly recommend telling your cousin to go on the group rides. About 2-3 hours on Thursdays of highly varying terrain.