not really a baboon
    Aug 2005

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Body found at Core Creek?

I heard that yesterday (4/8/07) a body was found hanged in the woods of Core Creek between the soccer fields and the lake. I was unloading my bikes when the guy next to us asked if we had heard about it. He said two people kayaking saw the body from the lake. Scary, Cause I was kayaking there over the weekend. I also heard this from my friend who's boss said the same thing. I wasn't able to find any information online about it and I don't get the Bucks county times. Does anyone else know anything about this???
    Volvo For Life

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by esunbaboon
    I heard that yesterday (4/8/07) a body was found hanged in the woods of Core Creek between the soccer fields and the lake. I was unloading my bikes when the guy next to us asked if we had heard about it. He said two people kayaking saw the body from the lake. Scary, Cause I was kayaking there over the weekend. I also heard this from my friend who's boss said the same thing. I wasn't able to find any information online about it and I don't get the Bucks county times. Does anyone else know anything about this???
    True.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1343592.html

I hadn't heard anything about it until I went looking just now.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    I live across the street from this. They had helicopter up for it too. Imagine pushing branches out of your way as you are riding and have the body swing back at you! Something like that could knock you off your bike-- might even get scratched up falling into the briars.
    Last edited by trekmike; 05-10-2007 at 03:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Blimey..Does anyone know the cause of death?

wot no bike?
    Probably the rope that was around his neck is my guess.
    pete

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I gathered as much as that. I was wondering if it was suicide or something criminal...

mtbr member
    Nothing official, but I believe suicide due to some chick.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Crimeny!

Does ANSI certification include protection against hitting a swinging dead body at 25 mph? Truly concerning!

(I know for a fact ANSI certification does not indlude protection against self-inflicted hanging due to teen angst!)
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member

rigor mortis

a body stiff will break the helmet, unless it is a fresh swing before the mortis sets!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    Crimeny!

Does ANSI certification include protection against hitting a swinging dead body at 25 mph? Truly concerning!

(I know for a fact ANSI certification does not indlude protection against self-inflicted hanging due to teen angst!)

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Uses for the body?

According to IMBA, bodies with rigor mortis make excellent, natural, biodegradable bridges and can also be used for setting up stunts, like teeter totters.

We could use it to span some of the nasty muddy areas.

I'm a bottom feeder...
    Another dude killing himself over "fools gold"

mtbr member

Just think...

Just think of the influence we might have had with this guy if we encountered him as he configured the noose. We could have talked to him about biking and how he never needed the girl in the first place! His likely alternative would have been the mt. bike & trail maintenance! What a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by CARP
    Another dude killing himself over "fools gold"

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    My constant rejection from women lead to the purchase of my road bike and my new components...Money may not buy you happiness, but it sure as hell does buy you the means to it

Quote Originally Posted by trekmike
    Just think of the influence we might have had with this guy if we encountered him as he configured the noose. We could have talked to him about biking and how he never needed the girl in the first place! His likely alternative would have been the mt. bike & trail maintenance! What a deal!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    My constant rejection from women lead to the purchase of my road bike and my new components...Money may not buy you happiness, but it sure as hell does buy you the means to it
    More like 6 bikes in my case.....getting rejected was never so much fun.

Speaking of suicide I used to ride over the Golden Gate Bridge as part of my commute to work. After seeing the movie "The Bridge" (I think that's what it was called) about jumpers off the GGG (avg. 1 every 2 weeks) I realized I've seen at least one person who was less than a couple minutes away from dieing. I specifically remember passing one person who looked to be acting a bit odd for a mid morning walk on the bridge. Had I know better I would have paid attention or stopped but hey if you're going to jump then you're going to jump.
    We also had a kid commit suicide in the middle of the night by strangling himself with wire and a CMU off the back of one of our wooden jump ramps. The ramp was promptly burned down after that.
    K, time to go ride..........
    ..::SYCIP:RACING::..

i want spring!

Dead Mans Park

Well another person was found dead tonight at dead mans park, oh i mean core creek. I was there riding tonight and saw them fish a car out of the water. Maybe it was foul play... Mike have you heard anything?

-jim
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Morbidly entertaining thread. I love it.