mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Bluemarsh Conditions

Anyone ride Bluemarsh lately? What's the best place to start?

mtbr member
    The East side (along Rt 183) is much flatter than the West side (State Hill etc.) if you are riding the whole loop the only place to refill water is at the visitors center or Dry Brooks boat launch...mile #25 ish??? (see map) It really depends what you want to ride. I am there 2+ times a week...could show you around if you wanted....if not its really pretty easy to navigate.

---
    Jan 2007
    Very dry and dusty right now. Did the whole loop yesterday without seeing any muddy spots. Couple of trees down for now but they'll be cut out soon enough.

I usually start at the Stilling Basin and go clockwise around the lake so I can fill up on water towards the end if needed.
    lockring not included - mandatory blog link in the signature

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    So we rode Blue Marsh today. We started at the stillbasin(not sure of the name) and rode clock wise. The trail was in good condition, a little dusty(nothing compared to how dusty Lake Tahoe trails get) but overall fast and hardpack. I liked the amount of up and down of the ride. I just moved to PA and I haven't found the rides to have much climbing but Blue Marsh had some good ones. We did a out and back so I think we went out around 10-12 miles and then came back. Our guide for the day likes to ride it that way to maximize the best sections of trail I guess. It started raining on us at the end so the dust might be gone soon. Overall good ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    > I just moved to PA and I haven't found the rides to have much climbing but Blue Marsh had some good ones.

You need to go 60 miles N, NE or NW of Reading & Blue Marsh. You're still in the flat, lowlands region of the state.

I'll guess the above comments about dust are no longer valid after all the rain, now excess water and mud in the bottoms is the issue?