mtbr member

Blue Mt. bike park?

With the snow season probably done, I was wondering if there is any new info on Blue Mt. opening up to bikes? I know I'm not the only one with fingers crossed hoping to ride there sometime in the not so distant future.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky351
    With the snow season probably done, I was wondering if there is any new info on Blue Mt. opening up to bikes? I know I'm not the only one with fingers crossed hoping to ride there sometime in the not so distant future.
    There is still snow on the slopes.
    Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. Nothing is set in stone yet, but they are definitely seriously interested in the idea. I'd say within the next few years.

mtbr member
    I can't understand why more of the pocono "ski" resorts wouldn't at least take a long hard look at opening up to bikes in the off season. I would just like to see one of the mountains up there open to bikes. Hopefully with some success, and make some $$ in the summer. Because if one of them shows a profit, then hopefully another one will get on the bandwagon and open to bikes. Then next thing you know they all want bikes on their slopes in the summer. Just like what happened with the snow tubing in the winter. One of them had it to start, now all of them have snow tubing. Maybe its just me, but winter's don't seem as long as they once did. We definetly dont get the snow we once did. Bikes could be a great way to make some more cash to feed those money swallowing snow making machines.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thats the biggest problem. People are afraid to take the plunge. Blue is also going through new ownership. The owner died last summer, and his daughter ended up taking over. So far, it's only been worse, since she took over, and im surprised she is even considering the idea.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Jack Frost used to have trails. I remember riding there when I was younger. It would be so much more fun now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Same for Camelback. I remember hanging the bike on the lift and taking it to the top. The ride down was scary on my hardtail. There's also a network of trails out off the back.

I'm more of a dog person
    No new info on Blue Mt. yet, other than the fact that we actually have a date set now for discussion with management. It's been a slow process thus far, more so than i had hoped. Sparky I think you're right about the fact that most mountains will follow suite once the first mtn actually takes the plunge and proves that mtn biking can turn a profit for them. Like you said, most of them now have some form of summer activities because, well, we all know why. Believe me, we are doing our best to make sure this park is built, but it takes a lot of discussions, meetings, time, etc. to convince people that this is something that they should spend their money on to build. Most of us know that there are plenty of riders in our area that would make this (or any) park successful, but we're not the ones holding the wallet, or the land for that matter.
    Anyway, don't count on anything being built and rideable this year, but '09 is not out of the question. We will update any news as we get it, we haven't forgotten about this.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update Berbs. The pocono's are much closer to home, especially Blue, then Diablo is. I would be more then happy to spend my money there and save a little drive time. We appreciate the work you guys are putting in up there to try and get a new place to ride for everyone.