Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Blue Mt

764 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  techfersure 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any feedback about Blue Mt bike park? Looking for info on the green and blue trails, I'm pedaling a Stumpjumper. Thanks for any info.

#2 ·
I went once, earlier this season, did every green and blue except Jambalaya. You'll be fine. I was on a Transition Bandit 29 with 130-140mm, my friend was on a Trek Rumblefish 29 with 120mm.

Some sections would have been more fun on a DH bike but it wasn't really holding us back to the point that I was wishing I would have dropped $80 or whatever for a DH rental.

Also, being my first time there, I was perfectly content doing only the green and blue trails. My hands were so worn out from tensing up that I couldn't open them at one point (I need to work on that lol). Plenty of fun to be had without venturing onto the black trails.

Edit: Not sure if you have a dropper post but if you don't, you can just keep your seat slammed down the whole day, no need to have it raised for sitting and pedaling at any point.

#3 ·
Blue is very fun on a trailbike. I actually tend to avoid the greens there, they're pretty choppy, but the blues and even a couple of the blacks are great even for mere mortals. (And I say that as someone who doesn't find Launch very fun on a trailbike.) I've spent entire afternoons just on King Tut to Ewok and never stopped smiling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.