Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! Blue Mountain Bikersnowcross

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Ah man I would love to do that...No chance of me getting over there as my transport coordinator (AKA the wife) is at an all star hockey game that day. Damn!

Is flexy
    Has anyone ever done this race before? Its seems cools but I'm not sure if the full on DH rig might be a bit too much bike. Any info would be appreciated.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Ya:

I think it's more about fun and showing up... Put the screws to the tires and go for it! I'm planning an epic MTB ride this weekend again if the snow clears or else I would be there! I wonder if they are having anymore of these events?

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    Has anyone ever done this race before? Its seems cools but I'm not sure if the full on DH rig might be a bit too much bike. Any info would be appreciated.

Never been to this one, but they used to have a similar race at Jack Frost. Speeds are more dependent on snow conditions than anything else. Pray it's not warm that day, cos deep slush makes carrying momentum hard, especially approaching drops/jumps. I saw many-a-faceplant at jack frost because there was a drop near the bottom of the course and guys were struggling to get the front wheel up. It got kind of ugly, but it was a fun event.

Re: bike choice? I don't know if I'd want a 40+ lb DH bike!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I would go, but i only have a xc bike, no pads, a xc helmet etc. Maybe next year!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Went to watch a few years ago and its definately a "Run what cha brung" type of event.