mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Blue Marsh work day Sunday 12/30

The trails were hit pretty hard from the ice storm and will take lots of work to open them up.

It looks like a few of us are planning to meet at 10am at Church Rd. Hopefully we can split into smaller crews and go a few different directions.

Bring a bike, hand saw, snacks and water.

More details coming soon, please stay tuned.

Thanks, Mike
    Mike

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The ranger who is in charge will call me saturday to let me know about the wavier and if he will bring it or if I can stop by the office and pick it up I will post something after I speak with him so count me in for sunday at 10:00am at church road

mtbr member
    I will be there...possibly with one more to help.

Dan

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I called and talked to some guy in charge today, and with Bankofdad's communications they are well aware of our intentions and most appreciative. Here's the deal, he is leaving a note for the Ranger that is on duty Sunday to be at the Church Rd. lot at 10am for us to sign waivers. If he is not there at 10, he said go out and start working and he will track us down, he has my cell #. They also want us to contact post work to let them know how much and what we got done. He said his crew worked a whole day and got from Stilling Basin to State Hill cleared, and the had heavy equiptment. Again he seemed very appreciative for the help.

Chain Saws - he said we can use our own chain saws as long as we sign the waiver.

I will bring my chain saw but I think a good plan would be to head out on bikes with hand saws and clear and open what we can and then go back with the chainsaw on foot where needed if we have time. This would also allow us to move the vehicle to the closest access so we won't have to carry the saw far. What do you guys think?

I will send an invite out to SAMBA and MASS. Hopefully we can get more than one crew working.

Thanks, Mike
    Mike

mtbr member
    Sounds perfect...see you at 10 @ Church Rd

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The ranger on duty called me this morning sat. and said for those of us running a chain saw they must have a hardhat or helmet, faceshield or safety glasses,earplugs,and chaps he said he will bring chaps and hardhats that are theirs to use if we do not have any and he will meet us a 10:00am at church road on sunday.I am going to bring my bike and a bow saw a friend of mine is going to bring his chainsaw and I am going to call justin over at jbmountain bikes and have him e-mail friends or call anyone else interested in helping see ya tomorrow----Jim

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    That's cool. I wondered about the safety gear. Swatara State park requires it. I visited my local Stihl dealer this morning and hooked up with a new MS192, that's there lightest professional saw designed for in tree work. It's alot smaller than my full size saw and fits nicely into my backpack and only weighs 9.1# wet. I also decided after 25 years of cutting firewood to get a set of safety gear. So we will have at least one very mobile saw.

Mike
    Mike