mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Blue Marsh work day 1/6/08

Well sundays work day was great six members from mtbr showed up and now the 7 mile loop at the ski slope is open except one large tree the rangers will have to clear.So a call goes out again for next sunday we are going to meet at church road parking lot at 9:00am if you are coming next week and did not help out on the 30th let me know so I can let the ranger know so you can sign the wavier sheet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for bucking up today guys to help keep the singletrack flowing. It was good to meet you guys as well. I'm in for next Sunday.

Mike
    Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Glad to help out and meet everyone. Great to know there are other riders out there that are willing to give back and help keep BM the east coast mtb mecca that it is. I'm in for next sunday and will try to rally a few other guys.

Darren

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I walked from church over to lake road there 8 small trees over the trail nothing we can not handle a hiker told me their are a few from lake to peacock has anyone seen or heard what it is like from state hill boat launch to justa road lot?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yea -- was out from state hill to justa Sunday and today checking out a couple of different loops and the trail needs our help.Lots of trees down across the trail at various spots.

mtbr member
    Thanks to everyone who helped out.

It's good to see there are people willing to give some time and effort back to keep Blue Marsh as a biking resource. Also A little PR work from the biking community can't hurt when it comes to any public land!

P.S. Mike...how did that last blown down tree (mile 10) go for you?

Dan

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yep, that tree was quite a match for my little saw, but we won. It took most of my fuel, and it didn't help that I nipped the ground with the chain and the saw wouldn't cut sraight cause one side was dull. But I was determined and it is clear.

So I think the trail is 100% open. Thanks for stepping up guys.

Mike
    Mike