mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Blue Marsh Saturday 5/26

Blue Marsh Loop, meeting at Church Rd Parking lot. Breaking this into two rides, sorta. Ready to ride at 9am to do the Ski Slope loop = 7.5 miles (this is the section with the hardest climbs). Then we`ll be back at the parking area to pick up anyone wanting to do the lower loop at 10am, this is 23 miles. Bring snacks and plenty of water, we will stop for lunch/snack at the State Hill boat ramp. It can be a long ride if your not used to it, be prepared. Bad weather cancels.

Mike

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I will be there!

I will be there to pick up for the eastern loop at 10AM.

BTW Have fun on the western loop, I was just out there yesterday and conditions are excelent!

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    The weather is looking pretty good for Sat. Low humidity!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...BM:13?dayNum=3

A few buddies and I might be up for the 23mi loop at 10AM. Gotta double-check...

- Chris

mtbr member
    May 2007

Sup

Im from the reading area originally, How was the ride?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The ride was good, everyone made it out of the woods to ride another day, so all in all it was a good day. Trails were a bit dusty, but that beats the Blue Marsh mud anyday. A nice T-storm just rolled through a few hrs ago, so I'd guess tomorrow would be back to normal for BM.

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    My group did the 23mi loop starting at Stilling Basin.We had some peeps that needed to get back a bit early for picnics, etc...so we started just after 9AM. The temps sure went up towards the end of our ride. We had one rider take a freakish fall and semi-taco'd his front wheel. It was a real pain just to get the thing to spin freely enough to finish the ride. To make matters worse, that was exactly 1/2 way through the ride so there's not really a bail-out option there.

- Chris

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Was an all around great ride. I had the pleasure of being the sad soul at the back of the pack holding everyone up, but I did manage to make the whole round Pushed just a little to hard out of the gate and burned out far to early.

WindWalker: Make sure you let me know if you guys plan any more rides down there this season, I will go out of my way to make sure I make it a little quicker next time
    Last edited by futurexdesign; 05-27-2007 at 06:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    For the average rider about how long does the 23 mile circuit take?
    I live a life of paranoia. It keeps me safe!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    It takes me about 3 and a half hours with one mid ride rest.