Thread: Blue Marsh Race

mtbr member
    May 2006

Blue Marsh Race

I am thinking of doing the Blue Marsh race in October. Anyone know what 7 mile loop they are using for the race?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I think its church rd to the ski slope and back, but not positive, I'll try to find out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Is there a web site or any other info on the race?

Thanks
    Chris

mtbr member
    May 2006

BikeReg

I saw the race on BikeReg, the link for the event website from there doesn't work.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thank you for the info.

Thank you
    Chris

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Anyone know the course and want to get a ride together to check it out? I would like to go out there a few times times before the race.

Any info on the race course is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I called Wood to Wonderful and left a message this morning. When I get more info I will post it.

Please let me know if you are interested in pre-riding the course.

---
    Jan 2007
    Is this whay you're looking for?

http://www.makebreak.com/
    lockring not included - mandatory blog link in the signature

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fxdwhl
    Is this whay you're looking for?

http://www.makebreak.com/
    I do not see it. I am looking for the October 12th race at Blue Marsh. That page has a Blue Marsh race and a race on the 12th but not at Blue Marsh.

Wood to Wonderful called me back and I expect to get a map and race info mailed to me soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant
    I do not see it. I am looking for the October 12th race at Blue Marsh. That page has a Blue Marsh race and a race on the 12th but not at Blue Marsh.

Wood to Wonderful called me back and I expect to get a map and race info mailed to me soon.
    Don't know why you couldnt find it... here ya go -

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=6458

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thank you for the help.

Chris

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials_N_Error
    Don't know why you couldnt find it... here ya go -

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=6458
    I couldn't find a course map on makebreak.com. I already called Doug using the info on bikereg.com and I have received my map as I said I expected to in an earlier post.

But thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant
    I couldn't find a course map on makebreak.com. I already called Doug using the info on bikereg.com and I have received my map as I said I expected to in an earlier post.

But thanks.
    Oh... sorry... I thought you were just looking for the link for the race not the map.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I just signed up for the race myself. It will be my first race so I'm going in a beginner hoping that I am underestimating myself and will soon move up to the sport category. I am up for doing a few dry runs before the race as I have never ridden the entire loop and don't know which part of the loop the 7 miles is.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    To all interested in Cycle Mania @ Blue Marsh on October 12, 2008: If you email me at woodtowonderful@comcast.net, I will email you a flier and map of the course. Don't forget: all proceeds from this race are to benefit our non-profit bike shop where inner-city Reading, PA, children work on bikes for their own use. Phone : 610-378-8697. Hope to see you and your friends on October 12. Thanks. Doug

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Prizes added

Great News! Charles Hutcheson Fine Jewelry, West Reading, PA, is designing 3 handmade men's bracelets and 3 handmade women's necklaces which will be awarded to the fastest male and female in each skill level.

I'd Rather be Doping
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sdarnall237
    I just signed up for the race myself. It will be my first race so I'm going in a beginner hoping that I am underestimating myself and will soon move up to the sport category. .
    You may be shocked at the speed of some of the beginner racers, especially if there are a few sandbaggers. I'll be doing this one too - Beg. Vet I.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I did the 7 mile loop this past weekend. All I gotta say is that is that hill is nothing to sneeze at. I actually did the entire thirty miles and before getting to the ski slope I was breezing through at a great pace. I'm going to have to go back a few times before the race in order to prepare myself.

mtbr member
    Any results available? I am curious what range of times racers finished with for each division.

I'd Rather be Doping
    Aug 2006