Fossil

Blue Marsh - Heads Up - Surprise Tree Down

Just a heads up - I was riding BM clockwise last Friday and at about mile 13.5 (read: between mile markers 13 and 14) there was a tree down. The tree is on a descent and just 'round a right hand bend in a wooded section. By pure luck I had just stopped to let 3 trail runners by and the last guy said "hey, there's a tree down just ahead". He wasn't kidding - I think if I hadn't stopped for those folks I mighta become one with the tree! It might be hard to spot in time if you're booking along.

So if you're heading out that way, watch out for this tree... you'll have to dismount to get thru it. If anyone's kind enough to pack a bow saw, you could probably clear the tree w/o too much trouble; it's not a monster.

FYI, I have emailed the USACE (Corps of Engineers) - maybe they'll send someone out to clear the tree.
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

Fossil
    Got a quick reply from the Park Mgr at BM. It's nice to know they're responsive to these kinds of things. Here's the note:

Dear Mr. Miller,
    Thank you for the information concerning the tree that is posing a hazard on the trail system. This may be one of two trees that the rangers were going to cut off the trail yesterday, but I will check with them to make sure that the tree you reference was one of them.

I hope you continue to enjoy the trails. Thank you for taking the time to alert us to the fallen tree.

Sincerely,
    Al Schoenebeck
    Park Manager
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010