mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Blue Marsh or French Creek? Conditions?

I'm driving up to Reading tonight for a two day class. I would like to ride tomorrow (Tues.) after the class is over. My hotel is in Reading right off 222 so either park isn't a problem to get to. Which one would be the best bet? Would prefer Blue Marsh if it has dried out enough b/c it is closer, which means less drive time and more ride time. Thanks
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by pspwesty
    I'm driving up to Reading tonight for a two day class. I would like to ride tomorrow (Tues.) after the class is over. My hotel is in Reading right off 222 so either park isn't a problem to get to. Which one would be the best bet? Would prefer Blue Marsh if it has dried out enough b/c it is closer, which means less drive time and more ride time. Thanks

I was at French Creek on Saturday. Overall, the trails were in really excellent shape. A few very 'swampy' sections in the low-lying area around Mill Creek, but this area is perpetually wet, so that was no surprise.

From what I know of Blue Marsh, things are probably similar (i.e. mostly dry with a few isolated muddy spots).

So, take your pick & have fun.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Blue Marsh

Yep Blue Marsh was really good Sat. almost dry all the way around just some mud here and there. But we did get some rain last night, so could be a little damp now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I rode French Creek on Saturday, adn Blue Marsh on Sunday. Both of them are looking really good. Blue Marsh has some swampy spots at about mile 2 or 2.5 half, if you go clockwise, starting at the visitors center. French Creek has the usual wet spots. Other than that everything else looks awsome. What a beautiful weekend to ride. Thursday Wiss, Friday Pennypack (some closed trails), Saturday French Creek, and to close the week off, Sunday at Blue Marsh. Needless to say, I cant even walk today.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by CaballoLoco
    I rode French Creek on Saturday, .
    What time where you there? Stymie and I were there from 10:30 to 1:30. I wonder if you were one of the riders we passed?
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I dont think so. I got there at 230 and rode until about 5pm. There were plenty of cars, but amazingly enough, I only saw 1 girl riding. And I saw my bud Mattie B. with his White Independent Frabrication single speed at the parking lot up in Shed Rd, but I didnt see him in the trails either. Just in case, I am the slow guy riding the Haro Mary XC 29er. I havent seen another one of those out there yet, so if you see one, more than likely its me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Getting ready to leave now. Thanks for the trail updates. Still not sure which one I'll ride but it is good to hear that they are both in decent shape. It is nice to have choices.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s