Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Blue Marsh Enduro May 12, 2007

Group ride at Blue Marsh on May 12th.

This is not a race-- just a ride. Details and comments to follow, but for anyone interested, especially those that haven't been there before, have a look at the attached thread to give you an idea of the place. Blue Marsh: detailed trail map

If you aren't physically fit, you don't want to go on this ride. Most of us will be traveling from Bucks County and plan to leave around 0600 hrs. It will be an all day affair. More to come. Comments welcome.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Sounds good! I've got 3 trays for my roof rack, so as long as the weight does not exceed the max limit (150lbs), I can take 2 people if they need a ride...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hey Mike, they cancelled the races this weekend until next weekend. I dont know if they will move the entire racing schedule. If so, I will be good to go with you guys. I will keep you posted.

mtbr member
    If you go, Jose' you will be leading the group! Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by CaballoLoco
    Hey Mike, they cancelled the races this weekend until next weekend. I dont know if they will move the entire racing schedule. If so, I will be good to go with you guys. I will keep you posted.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by trekmike
    Group ride at Blue Marsh on May 12th.

Most of us will be traveling from Bucks County and plan to leave around 0600 hrs. It will be an all day affair. More to come. Comments welcome.
    Hmm... it's a bad day for me, but I think I'll still be able to do it with an early start. What time do you figure you'll be on the trail? 8:00ish?
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member

Hopefully yes

0800 would be nice for sure. Traveling w/ a group slows things down plus we will need to do a drop at a half way point to assist riders. A lot of these riders have not been there before. I would aim for 0800-0830 to hit the trail-- no guarantee...

Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    Hmm... it's a bad day for me, but I think I'll still be able to do it with an early start. What time do you figure you'll be on the trail? 8:00ish?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    What's the current count of riders thus far?

Inbred Homebrewer
    Cool. I should be able to do it. I have a birthday party to attend somewhere southwest of Harrisburg that day, but it doesn't start until 5:00 p.m. Even under the worst circumstances, I can't imagine spending more than 6 hours on the trail... I'll have to clear things on the home front (cos it'll mean taking seperate cars to the party) but, for now, count me in!

0800 would be nice for sure. Traveling w/ a group slows things down plus we will need to do a drop at a half way point to assist riders. A lot of these riders have not been there before. I would aim for 0800-0830 to hit the trail-- no guarantee...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Ok Mike, the French Creek race is still on for May 13. But Im having a crazy idea...
    How about if I do a pre-race day ride at Blue Marsh with you guys! And then I go get my ass whopped at French Creek by the Beans crew? Wouldnt that be great?? ha ha ha
    Sorry Mike. It seems that I am out of your ride this time. But if you want to go up there in before that weekend, Ill be more than happy to join you and guide you.
    I just cant do Blue Marsh and the race on French Creek the next day.

Inbred Homebrewer
    bump.

Mike,

Is this ride still happening? Still waiting for more details and comments!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yeah, same here! Let us know who should bring what: Coolers for water/beverages/food/etc, who's driving, that kind of stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Mike just got back from riding slickrock out in Moab. As far as I know, the ride is still on. Give him a few days, I think he is pulling all night shifts for the next few days.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by CaballoLoco
    Mike just got back from riding slickrock out in Moab. As far as I know, the ride is still on. Give him a few days, I think he is pulling all night shifts for the next few days.
    Sorry guys. My bad. Mike will be in Utah until next week, so he might be a little out of touch for a few days. However, like I said before, the last time I spoke to him the ride was still on.

mtbr member

Yes sir!

Sorry for not getting back to everyone. Been busy with work and all.

Still on! As long as I do not fall off one of those cliffs on Amasaback or on the Kokopelli, I'll be there. I come back on May 7th.

We are looking to meet at the Neshaminy Mall around 0600 hrs and drive up. I had a few riders drop out that do not use mtbr; so right now there are four of us (maybe a fifth) from Lower Bucks (only two are on mtbr). We will be starting at Church Road and for our small group, we will be working out the mid-ride food stash and quiting point for some. I will have a few maps without much detail (recall: Blue Marsh: detailed trail map), to give to those that may want one. Everyone should provide their own food, water and post ride requirements .

Stick, you know the ride well I presume. Just so you know, most of these guys have never done this one before and will not keep up with you, Jose or nHurd!

Comments are welcome... please! What is the best half way point if we start from Church Rd?

Has anyone heard from Dirtybert?

bump.

Mike,

Is this ride still happening? Still waiting for more details and comments!
    Last edited by trekmike; 05-01-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Stick, you know the ride well I presume. Just so you know, most of these guys have never done this one before and will not keep up with you, Jose or nHurd!

Comments are welcome... please! What is the best half way point if we start from Church Rd?

Has anyone heard from Dirtybert?
    I know the trail well enough, but I won't be going at anything resembling a 'race' pace. I usually finish in somewhere between 3:15 and 4 hrs, depending on how I'm feeling - and I'm perfectly happy going slower if necessary.

As for a mid-way rest stop - the most obvious, I guess, would be the visitor center since it's the only place w. a water fountain, but the stilling basin or State Hill parking areas would work just as well if you're bringing your own drinks and stuff to cache. There are restrooms at the visitor center and state hill, and a port-a-john at the stilling basin.

From church rd, I think it's roughly 8 miles to the visitor center, ~ 9 to stilling basin, and roughly 12 to State Hill. Add ~ 8 to each of those distances if we do the ski-area loop first.

mtbr member
    This group cannot do the ski area and the 22 miles! Last November, the 22 miles tired me out but good! Be in touch soon. I am back from Utah on Tuesday night.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    This group cannot do the ski area and the 22 miles! Last November, the 22 miles tired me out but good! Be in touch soon. I am back from Utah on Tuesday night.
    You'll have to tell us how your trip went!

Inbred Homebrewer
    Gotcha. It's a shame, because those 8 miles encompass the biggest climb and descent on the trail - but I promise not to complain about skipping them.

Inbred Homebrewer

Meeting time & place?

Church Rd Parking Area?
    ~ 8:00 a.m.?

mtbr member

The Game is still on:

Yes, we wil be leaving Lower Bucks County around 0630 hrs. So I suppose we will be there around 0800 @ Church Rd. We will be dropping off a car at one of the points mentioned by you, probably the Stliling Basin. Stick, will you have enough provisions without a drop point & cashe?

I lost two other riders due to other plans, so, we are down to four and one guy is 57 years old. Another guy is presently in AZ and coming home. We may loose him too.

Stick, other than nHurD, you are the only other mtbr guy on this trip-- thus the lack of postings here. Any other questions send me a p/m; or, having done Blue Marsh before, we will gladly your suggestions in a post.

We will be bringing several coolers with water and some of our own food. We will have some beer too for the post ride recovery!

Church Rd Parking Area?
    ~ 8:00 a.m.?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yes, we wil be leaving Lower Bucks County around 0630 hrs. So I suppose we will be there around 0800 @ Church Rd. We will be dropping off a car at one of the points mentioned by you, probably the Stliling Basin. Stick, will you have enough provisions without a drop point & cashe?

I lost two other riders due to other plans, so, we are down to four and one guy is 57 years old. Another guy is presently in AZ and coming home. We may loose him too.

Stick, other than nHurD, you are the only other mtbr guy on this trip-- thus the lack of postings here. Any other questions send me a p/m; or, having done Blue Marsh before, we will gladly your suggestions in a post.

We will be bringing several coolers with water and some of our own food. We will have some beer too for the post ride recovery!

mmmm...beer. I'll have to remember to bring some of my homebrew along then!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Anybody said beer? mmmmmmmmmm...beer!
    tempting!

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by nHurD
    mmmm...beer. I'll have to remember to bring some of my homebrew along then!
    LOL... you're a brewer, too, eh? What are the odds? Guess I'll have to throw some of my saison in the cooler! It's the only thing I have on-hand and ready to drink at the moment that's refreshing and not too strong for post-ride recovery.

Mike: Yeah, I'll carry my stuff with me. Should be fine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    LOL... you're a brewer, too, eh? What are the odds? Guess I'll have to throw some of my saison in the cooler! It's the only thing I have on-hand and ready to drink at the moment that's refreshing and not too strong for post-ride recovery.

Mike: Yeah, I'll carry my stuff with me. Should be fine.
    Groovy! I'll bring some of my Earl Gray ESB! I have a Double, but all I've got left of that are 25 oz swing tops...not something that'd easily fit in my cooler

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    (Bump)

Should I worry about putting two extra trays on my roof rack? I'm going to head out to the store tonight to pick up some bottled water and food (most likely granola bars and the like)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast