mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Blue Marsh Advice

I'll be in the area for Thanksgiving and plan to ride Blue Marsh. I'd like to do about 15 miles and I'm looking for advice on which parking area to start from and direction, etc to cover the better sections. I did the full loop around the lake last year so I know the terrain etc. and I have the park map.
    Thanks

Fossil
    I'll assume you'd rather do a loop than do an out-and-back. Start at the Stilling basin and ride clockwise to Mile 9. About a half mile or so after M9, make a left onto Justa Road. At the Justa Rd. parking lot, look for doubletrack heading off to the left thru the fields. Take this to Highland Road. Turn right on Highland Rd., go about 3/4 mile and turn left on a farm lane just before you get to some buildings. If you run into Brownsville Rd. you went too far. Stay on that farm lane - it will become less a lane and more a path - until it dumps you back onto the main trail near M3. Turn right and ride back to the Stilling Basin. You should be REAL close to your 15 mile number.

I know you have a map but you may find my tweaked version a little more helpful: http://thecrackedhelmet.blogspot.com/search/label/Maps
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I appreciate the help.
    Thanks