Thread: blue knob

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

blue knob

what all is available as far as downhill.i read a little about it,but i dont understand if its trails that happen to go down the mountain,or are they actually aggressive downhill trails,with some jumps and drops,rock gardens ect.

basically,is it worth a 3 hour drive with a 7" travel bike?
    so this is how you add a signature!!

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    I have ridden there a fair amount, and there is not really any true downhill course anymore. from what I understand when they ran races back a few years ago there was a couple runs, but I dont think they really exist anymore. Its really more of a technical X-C place with some longer downhills and since the ski resort is actually based at the top of the mountain you can do shuttle runs so you dont have to ride your dh 1400 vertical feet up if you were to come up there. but to answer your question, IHO its not worth it for what i think you are looking for at least of the trails I know of.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    there used to be a legitimate DH course the once. but no longer. as i understand it was not done well in the first place and as a result it never caught on.

if you're looking to travel somewhere worthy of that big bike, your best bet is to look into diablo or snowshoe. i doubt you'll find much closer. sucks to be us with nothing fun in the middle of PA.

there's a rumor that seven springs will be getting more aggressive riding in the future, but as yet it's just something that gets said from time to time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    thats what i figured,i know diablo is about the same drive.the reason i asked,is because i go to IUP and on the way back to school i always see the signs and i had heard there was riding there.thanks for the info though!
    so this is how you add a signature!!

Dr. Bike
    Mar 2006
    Blue Knob is a nice place to ride XC. I raced DH there a couple years ago. The race was fun but very short, 2 minutes from top to bottom. The most dangerous part was the chairlift back to the top.
    If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot !