mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Bloomsburg Area Riding

Hi all,

Going up to the Bloomsburg area at the weekend and wondering if the area has any decent trail riding? Prefer to ride technical trails with a nice mix of stunts/obstacles so anything of that ilk then let me know!

Thanks,

Callum

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks...not really a help when finding what is on the trails though. Anyone got any experiance with Geisenger? Sounds like it could be my kind of thing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Do a search- these trails have been reviewed about once a month here, but I wouldn't call them 'freeride' if thats what you're looking for. There is some gnar up there but not much man-made in terms of stunts.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by CazzaMazza
    Hi all,

Going up to the Bloomsburg area at the weekend and wondering if the area has any decent trail riding? Prefer to ride technical trails with a nice mix of stunts/obstacles so anything of that ilk then let me know!

Thanks,

Callum
    I checked your profile to see what bike you have...If you are planning on rocking a big hit at geisinger, you should plan on spending nearly half of your time pushing the bike, unless you are superman. I consider geisinger more XC, although some of it is pretty tough and techy. There is basically no manmade stuff. You could have fun on a big hit, but most guys are using hardtails, XC, and AM bikes out there.

There is supposedly some new stuff in the works around, though. I am going out for a little exploring this afternoon and I'll post back if I find anything worth reporting!
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Ah I didnt realise I had the big hit down on my profile still. Rocking an SX trail that is my trail/freeride bike so I will check out Geisenger and report back!

trail addict
    Ah I didnt realise I had the big hit down on my profile still. Rocking an SX trail that is my trail/freeride bike so I will check out Geisenger and report back!
    OK, an SX Trail is still a little bit on the big side, but you'll have fun. My full-susp is a coil/coil enduro and it is a lot of fun on the descents out there.

If you can find Hess Park, that is where the new stuff is that I was scouting for. It is a very small stunt/terrain park. There are only a few features so far, but I managed to have fun there for an hour last night. There is a chain bridge, A frame, a couple of ladder bridges, a couple of skinnies, a tabletop, and a 4 foot ladder-drop. I wouldn't consider it a must-see destination, but it is nice and it will get better.

I am hoping to hit Diablo this weekend, but I may end up riding locally, so if I see an SX trail, I'll say hi.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    thanks for info, it does take a bit of a mauling to get up the hills but is worth it for the downs! Hess Park does look like it could be fun for a bit (found a video of the place after searching on google!) found directions for the place and its on Meadow Lane in Danville correct?

trail addict
    thanks for info, it does take a bit of a mauling to get up the hills but is worth it for the downs! Hess Park does look like it could be fun for a bit (found a video of the place after searching on google!) found directions for the place and its on Meadow Lane in Danville correct?
    Yes, Meadow Lane... hard to find, though. Go to the dead end, then keep on going (if you find it, that will make sense).

I am working on a map, I'll send you a link.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a map of geisenger trails. I have a old race map that is near useless and I was up there this past weekend and tailed some bikers that took me to some trails I have never rode up there before. The maps at the trail heads seem outdated. Any help is appreciated. Thanks to the four we tailed you guys were great!