Title: Bike Tour Division Manager
For Whom: Wilderness Voyageurs is a multi sport outfitter based in Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania. We operate whitewater rafting trips on 15 rivers in 3 states, Inn-to-Inn bike tours nation wide and instructional programs in kayaking, fishing, and rock climbing.
Job location: Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania
The Bike tour manager is responsible for overseeing all planning and operational and logistical aspects of the bike-touring department for Wilderness Voyageurs. Coordinating and interfacing with the reservations, marketing and financial departments of Wilderness Voyageurs, as well as the communication with all external vendors (restaurants, hotels etc.). You will execute tours for groups of 2 to 300 cyclists, ranging from 2 days in length to 2 weeks in duration. This position requires a passion for cycling and a flair for organizing and conducting memorable events, creativity is a must!
• Developing and planning the annual calendar of preplanned tour departures.
• Oversee tour production and adherence to policies and goals.
• Staff hiring, training and development.
• Manage and organize hotel and restaurant contracts
• Implement and oversee risk management protocols.
• Develop new tours, from destination selection through costing and operation.
• Create appropriate content for multiple media channels, print, social, & electronic.
• Collaborate with Ownership in division strategy development and implementation.
• Create menus and coordinate with internal food service staff.
• Create/update tour procedures and documentation.
• Coordinate equipment & vehicle needs with other departments.
• Collaborate with marketing team on the creation and accuracy of sales collateral.
• Collaborate with the reservations department to support tour roll out and guest inquiries.
Knowledge & Skills for success: Our Requirements are somewhat flexible, just like this position. If you cannot check off all of these boxes, that is ok, make your case to us.
Education: A 4-year college degree is preferred but not mandatory, the school of life can get it accomplished.
2 years of working as a professional outdoors guide.
Travel or food service industry experience desirable.
Personal travel, domestic experience required, international a plus.
Extensive experience messing around with bikes; touring, fixing, riding, building, ya gotta love hanging out with da bikes.
• Efficient time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
• Ability to identify needs, take action, and solve problems within areas of responsibility without direct oversight.
• Ability and desire to work independently without requiring ongoing direction.
• Ability to manage several projects at once
• Ability to take a responsibility to the point of completion as well as on deadline.
• Creativity, whether it is staffing, creating a new tour or adding pizzazz to an existing tour.
• Intermediate bike mechanic skills
• Working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
• Advanced user of Excel for the purpose of establishing budgets, project costing and expense reports.
Work conditions and scheduling:
• Weekends and holidays are often workdays.
• Travel of up to 2 consecutive weeks away from home
• Our office is very casual
• Presentations to clients may require occasional adult attire
• Occasional foreign travel
This is a job that is inherently physical, Physical requirements for the position are:
You must be able to climb ladders.
You must be capable of riding a bicycle 20 miles .
You must be able to lift a bicycle over your head.
Competitive salary plus excellent comprehensive health care benefits. A great family oriented, causal and fun work environment. Wilderness Voyageurs promotes working hard and playing hard.
Please send your resume and references to email@example.com
Results 1 to 1 of 1