Thread: bike shops

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

bike shops

hey yall,
    im lookin for a good bike shop that isnt too pricey in the monessen, pittsburgh area. does anyone have any good suggestion, im lookin for gettin mybike fixed up, tune up pretty much but also gettin some gear. one place in particular anyone know of west liberty cycles, thats the only one ive been told bout but nothing real specific.

Nice no rass
    West Newton bicycle right on the YRT in Snewton isn't bad. They are well priced for those quick grab parts. The mechanic/manager is a pretty good dude too and they don't charge much. If it's anything major, I'd take it to Bikeline in Greensburg, Speedgoat (BIG $$$) in Laughlintown, PGH Pro in Monroeville or Dirty Harry's in Verona. Dan at Spoked Wheelz in Mount Pleasant is also VERY good and a good dude too. Unfortunately, you can't be in a rush for his work, he's not around much.

'Snewton bike is really the closest for us here in the mon valley area.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    thanks what i can tell i need my breaks lines and shifitng lines readjusted.

Nice no rass
    For a simple tune up like that, take it to 'west newton. It's probably only about 10-15 minutes away from Monessen. If you are coming in on 201 or 136 it's on the right just before you cross the bridge into downtown west newton. If you come in from 70, you'll go through downtown and across the bridge, make immediate left after bridge into the parking lot and YRT trailhead.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    thanks alot, ill get in asap

Nice no rass
    No problem, for simple work, you'll be fine there. If you had a high end bike and needed a high end head set or shock/fork service, I'd look to the other options I posted earlier, For basic tune ups, pads, tires, chains, etc, West Newton bike shop is a good choice. They cater mostly to BMX, hybrids and recumbents, but they know enough for basic tune ups on any bike and their prices are fair.

I go there for good cables, chains, small parts and tubes...small things that are basically the same price as online with shipping and I can get it right now, 5 minutes down the road when I need it. Headsets, SPD pedals, forks, shocks, bottom brackets, good tires, etc...not so much. I go elsewhere or online depending on my time frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    they seem pretty good and very easy to get there. i took it there bout 5. pretty busy though. ill get it back in a few days. which aitn a prob cause i still gotta get my helmet from home, i delaware. which im doin next wednesday so itll work out good, adn the prices are great.