Thread: Bike fitters

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Bike fitters

Any top notch bike fitters in PA? Live in York, PA...but willing to travel...and willing to pay some bucks for someone who really knows the physiology? of sitting on a bike and motions and functions of the knee...and preferably someone who also works with custom footbeds..cause I think that's what I needs.

I don't just want someone who will look at me on a bike and "size me up" using all the textbook recommedations I think after 20 years, I've figured out a comfortable position on the bike....but after many years of riding I think I've started to figure out that my right knee does whacky things as I spin...probably those two times I broke the ankle

2fat

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    guys bikes in feasterville pa has a complete fit station. not sure if they will size you up without buying a bike through them but it's worth a call.

iirc abington wheel wright in abington pa also has a fit station.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Bucks County Bicycle company will do it...there prices are on there webiste.
    BucksCountybikes.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    here at The Bicycle Shop in state college, we have several fit methods that we use the 2 most common are serotta and specialized. i recommend the latter as it is much more involved. and yes we do use custom footbeds.

although, i can tell you that having torn my ankle up a couple times in the past, an injury really screws up your pedalling motion. my right knee does all kinds of crazy stuff and "fixing" it causes pain even after short periods of time.