Thread: Big Moon Ride

Did you ever have ham?

Big Moon Ride

Come one, Come all to Moon Lake Park for a big ride starting at high noon!!! Enjoy some great company on some great trails with some great fall colors, it will be...well, great!!! Here is your chance to bring out a new rider that wants to see what the sport is all about or to dust off the bike and make some new friends!!! Pot Luck cookout(bring some goodies)following the ride!!! I hope to see each and every one of you there, it will be a great ride!!! RIDE ON!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hey Moto, what day?
    Mike

wounded knee
    I hope it's Sunday, thats going to be the nicer day of the weekend.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Rolling on 650b
    I hope its next Wednesday, I'm off!

Did you ever have ham?
    Oooops, I was so excited about the ride I guess I forgot to post the day. It is, in fact, on Sunday!!! As always, there is the Wednesday rides, too. Just remember to make sure you charge your lights as Old Man Winter is getting closer and closer!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm there and I'll bring some goodies to share.
    Mike

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider6
    I hope it's Sunday, thats going to be the nicer day of the weekend.
    I'll be there earlier Sunday (hopefully) gotta get home to watch my son (and maybe some football) later in the afternoon...

Hopefully riding like 10-12 or so.... maybe by myself, maybe with a couple of friends.... would definitely join up with others if the timing works out. Burgundy 4Runner, silver/black hardtail or white/orange SX Trail....

Gonna be a beautiful day.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member

Rode Moon Today.

Conditions were excellent! The extension work on "8" is really nice....love how it connects up with "T-Rex 1" and gives you the option to cut out the double track up to T-Rex 2. Also noticed Lee and crew have re-birthed a section of "Peek a Boo" that has the large slab rocks along the pool side. Won't be up tomorrow but enjoyed this springs after ride cookout at the "Deacon" trials area. Enjoy and Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member

Here's a quick Vid of ....

.....the section of trail that has been reopened on "Peak a Boo".....this is during winter with the Chriff riding over one of the biggest rock faces.....

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Since I've never been here before I guess I should ask where we are meeting and how to get there? I'll be coming north on I-81.

Thanks
    Mike

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by WindWalker
    Since I've never been here before I guess I should ask where we are meeting and how to get there? I'll be coming north on I-81.

Thanks
    i'm going to make a guess here that they'll be up by the nature center, it has the most parking and trail access, a couple of picnic tables, stuff like that. but it's just a guess.

Enter the park, go up the park rd and it'll be the 2nd right. The road follows a tree-line a short way.

For the wed rides the parking is outside the main gate along the road.

Coming up from 81 you'll want to the take the Hwy 29 exit and head north, across the river, and up.

Did you ever have ham?
    The parking will be by the park office with overflow parking on the road outside the front gate. After the ride, we will all head up to the Deacon trials area for the cookout and just to hang out with friends. Remember, this is a pot luck cookout...everybody please bring something. Plates, utensils, and cups are already covered!!! Can't wait to see everyone there!!!

mtbr member
    Was riding "8" and noticed what looked like an XC/Downhill trail nearby. Is that part of the moonlake network of trails?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn333
    Was riding "8" and noticed what looked like an XC/Downhill trail nearby. Is that part of the moonlake network of trails?
    It's not an XC line, be very wary of hitting it!

It's *not* put in by the regular trail Gnomes of Moon Lake as far as I know, so watch your butt if you do roll on it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    It's not an XC line, be very wary of hitting it!

It's *not* put in by the regular trail Gnomes of Moon Lake as far as I know, so watch your butt if you do roll on it.
    Yeah I walked up some of it and it looked pretty gnarly. I seen some huge drops.

Did you ever have ham?

Big Moon Ride

Wow, what a great day Sunday was!!! Blue sky, great temps...couldn't ask for more!!! The ride was a great success, so I was told....I blew the sidewall out of my front tire so I had to retire early. I decided to head back and start getting things ready for the cookout. It was a hoot...it was so great hanging out with new and old friends and I always have a good time anytime there is food...LOL!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Moon Ride-dsc03787.jpg  

Big Moon Ride-dsc03793.jpg  

Big Moon Ride-dsc03796.jpg  

Big Moon Ride-dsc03799.jpg  

Big Moon Ride-dsc03792.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

Big Moon Ride

Isn't it amazing how nice Buddy sits when he wants your hot dog? LOL!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Moon Ride-dsc03802.jpg