mtbr member
    Mar 2010

big hole in Prompton ST park

I went up today to check out the damage from the rain.I only hiked ,just to much water to ride .I have to give a heads up on the old paved road coming out of the north end of the park,there is a big hole where the water coming off the ridge washed out about 6 to 10 ft of the road.you will have to be real good to jump it on a bike,really don`t try it.I`ll be getting some lumber to make a bridge to cross it,you`ll just have to climb around it in the woods till I get it done.I`ll be out of town most of next week so if anyone goes up & rides and sees any other stuf that needs fixing let me know I hope the weatherman that was crying we need rain is happy now even if it screwed up a lot of things for a lot of people not just the trails happy trails KP

mtbr member
    May 2009
    We will be riding there tomorrow, Sunday starting at 10am at the boat lunch. Will post a report.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    New bridge is done & I fixed some of the stream crossing wash outs too ,not all of them, only so much ya can do in a day.I`ll try to get around & see what else needs to be worked on.As of wed afernoon the water is still over the trail back where its close to the river,hope it goes down soon.KP

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks. End up doing a road ride last Sunday due to wetness. We will be riding this Saturday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Rode there last Weekend. Nice bridge and saw lots of other people using it.

mtbr member
    Is the construction @ the park done?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn333
    Is the construction @ the park done?
    are you kidding?that won'tbe done till next year....maybe