Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups

FAT BIKES

WINTER APPAREL

TRAINERS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011

best trails near Williamsport PA?

Great to hear. I had to ride it twice to get about 11.5miles. Ill keep going next time. Maybe i can get out to that ride next week too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Yea, I'm actually meeting some people at 6 if you need more miles lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I want to try and come to the ride mentioned above I am in bloomsburg do I just follow GPS for the water authority or is their a better place to get directions too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakylx View Post
    I want to try and come to the ride mentioned above I am in bloomsburg do I just follow GPS for the water authority or is their a better place to get directions too

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mo...04311be272dd6b

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thank you

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    We are doing skyline blue dot down to cathedral tomorrow at 8am ish if anyone wants to go.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have been riding the Pocowahatchee (sp?) trail and then raccoon mtn. Both are best ridden clockwise. Poco is a bit more advanced than Raccoon Mtn if thats what your looking for, and it needs a little more traffic to keep it from getting overgrown, so get after it!

Last, not lost.
    Jul 2010
    There is certainly more trail there than raccoon. Head past the 7 mile marker, and take the left Y onto Middleton road. There is another Y for Upper vs Lower, they both end up at the same place, (upper is certainly the grinder path since it's 90% uphill, but the down is fassst). You can go all the way around the reservoir from there, but the return trip gets a little question mark as far as which turn to make. I'm guessing this Wednesday group ride may clear some of that up, but I'll let Russell comment on that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sounds like I have some more exploring to do. This is good news.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I am moving to south Williamsport this week and I was excited to see all of the local trails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

best trails near Williamsport PA?

Mrwhitney i would live to get out sometime. Let me know if you want to ride anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Ok, I will let you know sometime

Brendan
    Apr 2014
    Hey, all. Let me know if anyone wants to ride. I go up to either Rider Park or WMWA 3-5 times per week. Hoping to meet people Wednesday.

mtbr member
    Edit
    Last edited by huckxc; 01-18-2015 at 02:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    check out the the Hopewell Park trails in Danville, they're opened to the public officially.

www.facebook.com/csvmtb

mtbr member
    Edited
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best trails near Williamsport PA?-screenshot_2014-09-08-18-51-57.jpg  

Last edited by huckxc; 01-18-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Anyone ride Black Gap lately? Conditions? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Anyone ride Black Gap lately? Conditions? Thanks!
    I was over in RB Winter on saturday. I did not ride Black Gap but judging by how wet the trails were that we rode, Black Gap is going to be a swamp about halfway across.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Thanks,

I was in the area and almost rode it, figuring like you did lots of drainage going on everywhere so
    I passed...

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Anyone know if it is even possible to connect from Elimsport Rd via PP&L Rd at the sub station climbing up the power lines(if even possible I can imagine it being steep at places) to Skyline drive? That would take me to the end of Skyline Drive near Summit trail, Hum ? Then? Many options! I can imagine a huge loop traveling behind the quarry.

Another question: While traveling on Rt 554 I have noticed rock armored switchbacks climbing the mountain, I assume this was the old Stage road?

Thanks for the help!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    ^^ thanks for the PM

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Update: I gotta say the scenery is great this time of year. Mosquito and Remington streams were flowing nicely and full. If ya love slippy, this is it. Between the moss and ice, yes most parts still frozen made for a fun time. Two wheel drifts on the Fat Bike are the king. Having wider tires just crushes the skinnys! Good training for my Fat Bike Ice Polo team... LOL

The rain element existed on and off all day, but good clothing trumps that problem. More than 12 miles in all. Didn't see many others out enjoying the day! With all this said the master plan for my future camp in the Tiadaghton State Forest with rides in the watershed will make for a great weekend. A huge area between Rt880 and Rt15 is vast and many dirt roads exist. Reminds me of the Mackeyville Raceway days... "WAY BACK" in the... well you know the rest!

Access form the top of Mountain Road, as far as a place to park and ride in from that direction. We did this many years back, but can't find the actual place we went in. An old friend lived on Mountain Rd and knew the neighbors and had access, but he has moved to Utah. Bear Pen Hollow from Pleasant Hill rd or at the end of Mountain Rd might be a no go, but there is always a way or trail.

Go Bikepacking...
    ...it's like getting lost on purpose!

PA*DCNR*-*Tiadaghton

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Glad to Hear It!

Pleased to hear you enjoyed a taste of our local trails---our local IMBA Chapter looks forward to further development and improvement in the State Forest area. If you haven't followed us already, hop on over to https://www.facebook.com/svvc.imba and check us out!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    S. Teel

Thanks for the response

A question:

Heading out on the Green trail from the parking lot there is a small fairly new wooden foot bridge off to the right. I took that trail, but it dead ends roughly 50 feet in? It borders the restricted area.

Future trail in progress?

Thanks for all your club does and future work, I appreciate it greatly!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Not at this time. What you see is what they have at the moment. If you're looking for more singletrack and/or climbing, we recently cleaned up parts of the Bowers Fields lollipop and the Pocowanache trail has plenty of rocks. The gray paths near Poco are double track and also rideable.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    S. Teel

Heading out on the Green trail from the parking lot there is a small fairly new wooden foot bridge off to the right. I took that trail, but it dead ends roughly 50 feet in? It borders the restricted area.

Future trail in progress?

Thanks for all your club does and future work, I appreciate it greatly!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast