Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    my church is the woods

The Best Trail in PA

What is the BEST trail in PeeYea? It doesn't matter the distance, difficulty, etc.
    just post your vote for the BEST;
    where it is;
    and why you think it's #1 in PA.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

How many times has this been asked before?

My answer...
    ... all of them in Pa...

...cause they're all #1

Just wanted to add: If your looking for PA trail info, check out the 2 "Stickys" at the top of the Pa forum, lots of Great stuff in there!
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 02-05-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Did you ever have ham?

The Best Trail in PA

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    How many times has this been asked before?

My answer...
    ... all of them in Pa...

...cause they're all #1
    Good answer! I would also like to add any trail with good friends! 'Nuff said!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Blue Pig
    I think the local sidewalks are the best place to mtb.

I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

Did you ever have ham?

The Best Trail in PA

Yeah, sidewalks are gooooooooooooooooood!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Blue Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    Yeah, sidewalks are gooooooooooooooooood!

I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

Go for the throat
    Wow, the first half decent thread in this forum in a coons age, at least for one post. I think I'll rescue it. I vote The Tubs in Luzerne County. I've been riding there forever and I never get sick of it. And aside from the odd fallen tree, it requires very little trail maintenance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD Risk
    Wow, the first half decent thread in this forum in a coons age, at least for one post. I think I'll rescue it. I vote The Tubs in Luzerne County. I've been riding there forever and I never get sick of it. And aside from the odd fallen tree, it requires very little trail maintenance.
    I vote the same. However Brian and I (with a few helpers) keep that place so spiffy that is just doesn't SEEM like alot of maintenance is required. haha. Thanks for being one of the riders who would actually move a fallen tree rather than just bushwack around it

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    french creek: red/white + red/yelllow loop.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Are we talking about true mtn bike specific trails,and all most exclusively used by mtn bikers,where logs and other challenging terrain is welcomed and bushwacking isn't an issue because it's mtn biking and the idea is to ride the terrain as presented to you.I've had the good fortune and opportunity to ride a good many places over the years,but to date one of the finest and most challenging mtn bike areas in Pa is the Mt Penn/Antietam trails,still one of the best kept secrets.truly built and maintained by mtn bikers with various terrain to test your skills.whatever feeds your need CC,AM or DH these trails and runs deliver!

Can't feel my legs
    Not a "trail", but my favorate ride in PA(or anywhere) was the epic improvised ride that went from Stroudsburg, to Jacobsburg, and back. Over 60 miles of extremely diverse terrain(about 80% dirt) included paved road, singletrack, doubletrack, ATV trail, rail trail and bed over flat and climbing terrain.

mtbr member
    i like the 7 springs 24 hour course. it has good variety and flows pretty well.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Raystown, just because it's so different than my local trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Dale'sBackyard trails are the best in Pee Yay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Best Trail in PA-dales-berm-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Roaring Run in Apollo. Nice flow and technical enough to be interesting.
    Name:  5d86bdd85734__1258902572000.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  1786a7ac4fe3__1258902659000.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  68.4 KB

mtbr member
    Apollo is one of those places that doesnt get old no matter how much you ride there.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    One almost has to expect the first 5 responses on this thread when posting on the PA (oops..meant the NEPA) Forum. Getting to be a PIA to even post on here.

Moonraker...many faves...including Trail 15....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

banned
    Apr 2009
    Where's the love for The Wiss? --with all this has, it has to be the best trail in Pa., and they are still improving it.

the unvarnished nonsense
    Laurel Mountain. Rocks, roots, bears, flying porcupines. What more could you possibly want?
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    My personal faves are Mt.Gretna trail #15, Mt.Penn, French Creek, in that order. Coincidentally they fall in order from most technical to least, although Mt.Penn is just about right there with Gretna.
    None of them are any good right now though with over a foot of snow on them and more to come!

Go Big or Die Tryin'
    Mountain Top - from Brown St. to Slayline (old smashing plates). It has everything: one of the toughest climbs I've ever done (the fire road to the upper Earth area before Dead Deer), and the gnarliest DH sections I've ever seen in NEPA.
    Slugs love beer.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Finius, I'm counting on contributing to Reconstruction come the spring, so you let me know if you're heading outsomewhere and can use another (somewhat) strong back, hmm-kay?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    bear could probably guess this already, but Miles of Smiles at Blue Mountain has to be my favorite. We took it at the end of our day there on our last run. Then did another last run. Then a third. Then finally a fourth last time down that trail before calling it quits. I don't think it's anywhere near miles long, but it's all fast berms and tabletops that let you go real fast and force you to hang on tight. The best part is it's still fun even if you're not any good at that kind of stuff.

Gravity's Gone
    The best trail in Pa? Boy that's a tough one. How can one person judge what is the best trail in Pa? It's a very large state. It would be impossible for one person to ride them all and then make a fair judgement (of course if you're looking for volunteers put my name on the list).

I can honestly say of all the trails I've ridden it would be tough to say what is the best one. Some I liked more than others of course, but can I say that one is head & shoulders above the rest? No.

Pee-yay trails are like pizza, sex and beer: Even the bad ones are still pretty darn good.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Who cares Nanker, these threads are great because I get to put together my "go ride in 2010" list.

Chriffer, opening day is coming (may 22nd last I heard), you gonna be around?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast