mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Beginner Needing Help at Wissahickon

Hello, fairly new beginner with some experience at the Cat Classic and other trails in Williamsport (because my girlfriends Dad runs the race) and at Fairmount Park. My girlfriend and I went to Wissahickon last week and tried it out, but we were somewhat lost. We stayed somewhat close to Lincoln Drive and Forbidden Drive and found some nice trails, but looking at the map, it looks like most of the trails are farther away. Any help on the best place to park or enter to get the best rides. (and directions) We plan on going there more often...Thanks a lot

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    common parking location are: northwestern ave, bells mill rd, valley green, kitchens lane and lincoln drive. the park is basically one big loop with trails on either side of the wissahickon creek following along side of it.

don't be scared to explore a bit since there are a number of bail out points along the way that will lead you back down to forbidden drive (gravel path directly next to the creek on the west side). just keep in mind what direction you started out: N -> S or S -> N and what side of the creek you're on and you will always know where the creek is (on your left or on your right).