mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Because this board is really about mountain biking in PA

mtbr member

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    It's a nice thought, but it's not like those posters who need to be reminded of the guidelines are actually the ones who take the time to read them.

Does this board have a moderator? If not, I'd like to volunteer to clean some of this crap up.

Patrick

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    honestly, Patrick, i don't know as anything prior to two day s ago was really that bad. sure some people put in a few comments to get a rise out of others, i openly admit to it. i egged lee on mercilessly in my first couple posts. but within those posts are a lot of genuine feedback. and everyone has their right to post it, even if it is rude and insensitive. that dig on lee's teeth was pretty harsh, and coincidentally too close to home.

mods are great and all, but remember people can express themselves any way they wish, and we might encourage them not to express negativity, but we cannot make them nor can we censor them.

even on our NMBA forums my "dogs" got taken down. i didn't mind too much as it was just a joke, but if it had been an opinion, i would have been adament. i'm a regular in the soapbox when stuff gets me up there.

best just to let it pass. if it bugs you that much skip the thread.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Yes I guess it's true:

Larry really hates me. Most of the BSing here is just that BSing and we all are about busting on one an other. Too bad! I never had any anger for anyone! I guess I went out crashed really hard on purpose busting some teeth out in the process. That money would better be spent on new parts or and IMBA membership

LOL

Oh well

It's time for the PC Haters club!

Rider58?
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighitdon
    honestly, Patrick, i don't know as anything prior to two day s ago was really that bad.
    Point taken, that may be true but I guess it seems to me that it's been building for a little while. That may be just my perception and not reality, though.

sure some people put in a few comments to get a rise out of others, i openly admit to it. i egged lee on mercilessly in my first couple posts. but within those posts are a lot of genuine feedback. and everyone has their right to post it, even if it is rude and insensitive. that dig on lee's teeth was pretty harsh, and coincidentally too close to home.
    I myself have posted to get a rise out of people or poke fun (playfully). And I agree that there are genuine opinions that are being posted which I myself am interested in reading. The problem is, when they're sandwiched between all the flames it's irritating and difficult to follow the threads.

mods are great and all, but remember people can express themselves any way they wish, and we might encourage them not to express negativity, but we cannot make them nor can we censor them.
    On other online forums I've participated in those posters and posts which did not follow the guidlines were locked down or removed. This approach is heavy-handed but it helps to eliminate the insults while keeping opinions in and the threads on topic. Having been on mtbr.com for a little while I realize that this is not their moderating style...at all.

even on our NMBA forums my "dogs" got taken down. i didn't mind too much as it was just a joke, but if it had been an opinion, i would have been adament. i'm a regular in the soapbox when stuff gets me up there.
    I'm perfectly willing to hop up there myself if I feel the need, but when the preaching turns to personal insults and the poster has moved from sharing opinion to throwing turds then he/she should be shut down. JMO.

best just to let it pass. if it bugs you that much skip the thread.
    Good advice, of course. I'm somewhat an idealist in that I believe that by responding rationally someone else will respond in kind. Silly me. To see me proved wrong see the post below (above?). Although these type of posts now seem to be some kind of sport on this forum. Maybe that's how I should look at it.

As far as skipping the thread, sometimes there are posts and opinions that I want to read. So to not read threads with posts by so-and-so and what's-his-face limits my participation. Why should my participation and enjoyment of the forums be stymied by someone who can't behave?

The bottom line is this whole thing isn't that important, and I let myself get sucked into it. Thanks for the post and perspective.

Patrick
    Last edited by PCinSC; 05-23-2006 at 09:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Patrick,

no worries at all, we'll see you out riding no doubt. and we can discuss as many ideas as our poor lungs can handle. not many for me.

don

Grand Poobah
    Oct 2005
    Everyone hates me.

Let me be your lightening rod of hate!

banned
    Apr 2006
    Banned
    Last edited by DamoNNomaD; 05-31-2006 at 04:17 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    This stuff is better than Days of Our Lives!!!! Oh it's coming on and my popcorn isn't ready... Gotta go!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    damn fishheads making fun of our east coast goodness.

eh, he just doesn't like our riding cause he has gills.

banned
    Apr 2006
    Banned
    Last edited by DamoNNomaD; 05-31-2006 at 04:17 PM.