mtbr member

Bald Eagle State Forest

I am going to be up that way and wanted to know if anybody has info on the quality of riding, trail maps/guide book. I think there was a guy - Grizguides who had a guide book for Bald Eagle - is it up to date?

Any info would be appreciated.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Rolling on 650b
    See http://www.departments.bucknell.edu/...bike_guide.pdf for trail descriptions and http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/mar...ll_bikemap.jpg. for a map. There's a good variety of trails there, I personally recommend Cowbell hollow ridden from west to east. If you're looking for a burly trail with lots of rocks, try Top Mountain trail.

mtbr member
    If you end up around Poe Paddy at any point, be sure to go through the tunnel. Definitely one of the coolest parts of the ride, particularly after rain. My camerawork is shoddy but you get the idea.

Sadly, I spent too much time screwing with my map to cover a lot of ground... and I got lost anyway. note to self: get a GPS. I had a good time riding Strong Mountain Road, though. Nice long rocky mess, and it's not too overly difficult to take at a good speed if you're careful. I hope to try out Cowbell next time I head out that way, hopefully during the coming weekend?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bald Eagle State Forest-halfsizecave.jpg  

Bald Eagle State Forest-smalltunnel.jpg  

Bald Eagle State Forest-smallbridge.jpg  

mtbr member
    That tunnel is cool. I did it during the Wilderness 101. I'm gonna be up towards Milton, so I'll try RB Winters and the map on the link above looks like it will do the trick.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST